iPod touch: Videos Displays Genius Mix Art As Video Still? HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by KCooper, Jan 4, 2010.

1. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Okay, so I just noticed that some of my videos (about 7-8) display Genius Mix art (the 4 album arts put together) as a video still instead of the usual video still. What is up with that and does anybody know how I can fix it? Thanks in advance.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Right click on your video in Itunes, choose Get Info and go to the Artwork tab, delete the still you don't want.. and it should fix itself.
  3. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Nope, this doesn't work. Let me further explain:

iTunes displays all my videos with their proper video stills. (see Screenshot 1) The circled video clearly has the correct video still.

But on my iPod (see Screenshot 2) the same video that is circled has a Genius Mix art instead of a video still.

Any help? Anybody?

Attached Files:

4. Fulaeetoy

Fulaeetoy New Member

same here.
  5. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That is bizarre. Try deleting them out of your iTunes and then put them back in maybe?
  6. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Ok... after months of never having any problems.. and 2 days after this post.....I started having this same problem, go figure!

I'm so lucky!!!

Reading around.. it seems to be a HUGELY COMMON problem/bug ... that hasn't been fixed since 2007 looking at the timeline on posts.... so... ouch! It happens with music files and TV Shows and movies with me... all my latest syncs would get screwy with what artwork they showed.. and even when I took all my video files out and that artwork wasn't on the iPod anymore.. some of my latest music files were still showing the artwork of that TV Show. Very weird....

I have my own theories on it... I think we cycle-sync too much/too many TV Shows/Movies over a period.. and the cache on your iDevice gets mixed up. It can't cope with on and off, on and off, syncing and making folders for this, that and other ... and yeah... the cache starts to get real ratty... or so it seemed to me. I've now restored my iPod (what a pain in the backside, but hey, it was LONG overdue (Since 3.1 came out and I un-JB'd) - and I sync new/old apps and LOTS of movies and TV shows DAILY, on and off as I feel like it... no wonder the file structure in the iPod was throwing fits...)... and so now I've put all back what I had on it before.. and it's perfect again... until next time I guess.

Sorry I couldn't help before

7. SpoonIsTooBig

SpoonIsTooBig Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This happened to me!! I downloaded a JLS video on the twelve days of christmas app and now most of my movies have a picture of them on it!!