iPod Touch Video Size

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iCanTouchThis, Nov 15, 2007.

1. iCanTouchThis

iCanTouchThis New Member

I wanna copy video clips from my HDD to my iPod but i have to convert them. Many are too bright and i correct that problem with xvid4psp. But the video resolution for the iPod Touch there is 432x320 so i wanna know if that is a good resolution ? or should i keep the original size (like 640x480, 544x400, 720x416 ...)?
    Videora iPod touch converter can't adjust the brightness :'(
    I don't wanna see the videos on my iPod touch on TV, just on the ipod
  2. domenic72

domenic72 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Use a custom setting of 480x320...that works best
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I usually use 480 x 320 with an aspect ration of 16:9.
  4. Exodar

Exodar New Member

how do you change the video resolution in videora? also, how much do the basic, med, and high settings in videora affect video quality?

[EDIT] i just noticed something strange. the same converted video with settings high for one and basic for the other have the same file size. what's up with this and has anyone else experienced the same???

one more question, does anyone know why the estimated file size in videora is off by so much (ex. estimated 130 mb becomes 270mb)?
  5. Haruyuki

Haruyuki New Member

Ipod display resolution is 480 x 320 pixels, however I can force ipod to play higher resolution. For example I have video source size 640x480 (aspect ratio 4:3), it will distorted if I convert it to 480 x 320 (16:9 aspect ratio), to keep aspect ratio normally I should convert to 416x320, however I found 480x352 is still playable and it has better display (I use ipod to watch some video tutorial about 3d software, so even small change on display will be noticible)
  6. Haruyuki

Haruyuki New Member

Sorry I don't use videora, but if you want to know about file size, I got some info.

Depend onf encoding software, there are some setting that determine video quality. One of them is bitrate/second and the other is encoding setting.

- Bitrate/second very determine video quality, if you have fast moving video or video with a lot of color variation, you need higher bitrate/second. It also determine the output file size.

- Encoding setting determine video quality by encoding method, however it doesn't really change output file size. Basic setting usually just use 1-pass encoding, while best setting usually use 2-pass encoding that will double your encoding time.
  7. Exodar

Exodar New Member

i see....thanks for your reply.
  8. iCanTouchThis

iCanTouchThis New Member

9. Ash

Ash New Member

Get a copy of Handbrake or Handbrake light. You can use them on Windows or OS X as I do. The full version allows you to specify the output size, which for my Touch I set to iPhone.