iPod Touch Video Problemz...???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yo_yo94, Sep 3, 2009.

1. yo_yo94

yo_yo94 New Member

Okay well I just recently realized that I was lacking some videos on my JB'd iTouch 2g 3.0 FW. So I went around online and tried to directly download some anime but when I tried playing it in dTunes, it came up with a message saying the video format is not supported. That same message has popped up before so I just ignored and instead tried downloading the videos from my comp and synching them to my touch. So I went through and downloaded 5 eps of Soul Eater and 1 of FMAB. My itunes is set so I should be allowed to drag and drop my media onto my touch but it said that the video could not be played on this device so i tried synching it the ol fashion way but it then came up with 6 errors saying the videos could not be copied onto my ipod. So now I can't seem to play or PUT any videos onto my iPod. It used to work fine before I bumped my firmware to 3.0 that's when disaster happened. So is something wrong with my Touch being JB'd or 3.0 or what? Help would be greatly appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. d3xterity

d3xterity Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Download vlc4iphone from cydia and try adding videos and see if it plays.
  3. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Are you sure they're are in the correct format?
  4. yo_yo94

yo_yo94 New Member

Salvotip28: well atm im trying to do it via open ssh but if it doesnt work (which it prolly won't) ill try that.
    ScribeOne: Im positive they are in the correct format since I checked all of them atleast 3 times to see if they were mp4s I even tried typing it in like this: mp4, Mp4, MP4, and alsdfj;ajdfldfjasmp4 and notin worked :/
    btw thanks for fast replies

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    By typing do you mean just changing the file extension? You need to convert the file all over again completely. Not change extensions. Use HandBrake.
  6. yo_yo94

yo_yo94 New Member

Oh okay but then I'd need to be connected to the compy at all times correct?? (unless it's an app from Cydia or sumthing) B4 (on 2.2.1) I was to directly download vids to my touch and they worked just fine :O
  7. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    handbrake is a converter for the comp so u can simply convert ur vids on the comp and then transfer them........if u can add these videos in itunes u can try right clicking on them and trying to select "convert to ipod/iphone format"
  8. antonelc

antonelc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You need to convert your videos to m4v.
  9. Impakt

Impakt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I use Videora to convert my movies. Very simple to use.

There may be better converting programs out there but as I said it's very simple to use