Ipod touch video in hd the same as Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bmxmag, Sep 14, 2010.

1. bmxmag

bmxmag New Member

Dear Ipod fans,

I have a question, is the ipod touch camera the same as the iphone video camera? Cause I have a video camera, and I want two different camcorder to film. I like the iphone 4 quality, so do you know the answer? Sorry for my bad english, I am from The Netherlands.

Thank you!
  2. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have never had an iphone and I am getting the new ipod touch. From the specs and what I heard, the ipod touch's camera is lower quality than the Iphone 4's. The iphone 4 is sharper and adjusts color better. I am not saying that the ipod touch's camera is bad, its just not as good.

Ipod touch's camera seems to take pretty good hd video.

If you have the iphone 4, theres no point to buy the ipod touch. You dont get the gps, cellar/data, 5mp camera.

btw: the ipod touch's camera is .7mp. That doesnt mean the camera is bad. It is just a smaller picture. What matters is the sensor. The sensor determines quality. The ipod touch has a pretty good sensor.
  3. sman789

sman789 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    For video, as far as I'm aware, they both have the same resolution; but they have different quality sensors. The sharpness and colour is not as good as the iPhone 4's, and there's no manual focus. There's a recent thread with pictures side-by-side from the two.

I think it's supposed to be better than the 3GS camera though...
  4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    The 3GS camera doesen't even take HD video. For video the iPod Touch 4 isn't too bad, I mean, you can change the exposiure while filming, but I'm sure the iPhone 4 is better.
  5. lunchmeats101

lunchmeats101 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The video quality is great, just not in dark environments.
  6. Janet

Janet Banned

no, they are not the same.
    you can get the details difference from this review: http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/07/ipod-touch-review-2010/
    camera part

But I really love the iPod, with the 3.5-inch capacitive touchscreen, Retina Display, which means it had equal resolution (960 x 640) and pixel density (326 ppi) as the iPhone 4, all make watching video entertainment an utterly new experience on it, U know Im a totally movies fans, now apple's iMovie upgrade adds the support for 4 generation, sounds maybe I don't need to use iFunia iPod video Converter to do the converting, at least sometimes much trouble was saved.
    Besides, FaceTime calls and Game Center, can't wait to get one and experience!
  7. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The camera is perfect for uploading to flickr/Facebook, etc. (which is what I imagine Apple thought most people would use it for).