iPod Touch & Video Hookup

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by minority, Oct 23, 2007.

1. minority

minority New Member

What kind of display do you get with the ipod touch using apples new a/v cables. Can you show the web on the tv or does it have a apple tv look? Or does it just show the video when you select it.

Mainly I am wanting to know if I hook it up to my tv then use telekinesis to stream a video will it play?
  2. essexmate

essexmate New Member

I bought apples new av component lead and universal dock yesterday and have hooked it up to my 37inch LCD HD ready tv. The picture quality and sound are superb. I am really glad I did this. I was very surprised at the video quality - it scales up to 37inch really nice. The picture is about the same quality as SD television viewing (depending on the file source being played).

I've happily watched podcasts like Summer Heights Hight from iTunes.

The ipod Touch outputs anything from the video menu, youtube content, and your music library, as well as your photo library.

It will not send safari out to your television, and you cannot see album artwork when playing music.

The lead quality is very good.
  3. minority

minority New Member

thanks for the info.

bite about the safari. It would ave just been nice to have it stream the video from my computer upstairs to it. Maybe someday someone will write a 3rd party app that can do it.