ipod touch + verizon aircard without a pc or wifi router possible?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Jux1, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Jux1

Jux1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I got a wireless aircard from verizon, an ac595u (usb). I already know how to use my laptop to share the connection, but im not tryin to use my laptop for this. Im mobile alot, an aside from the power problem through the car's battery not bein sufficient, its a pain in the ass having to pull over an throw a laptop on my lap, or in some cases, an i try not to......but every so often, type or do a few things while stopped at a light or in traffic. Im sayin, im busy as fu*k sometimes and always runnin late, so sometimes i got not choice but to work an go. Now, when im on my itouch(which is like a 2nd laptop anyway)....it still aint so cool workin an drivin(or pullin over ever so often), but its 10million times fu&!n easier with the itouch then a laptop. Before anyone suggests 2 obvious options, i cant do either at this point, so what im asking is for some mod or hack or part or miracle answer.....that im missing, or can try to do on my own. (the 2 things i meant by obvious were buyin an iphone for edge.........or buyin a cradlepoint wireless mobile router aka portable hotspot). Now i got a usb wireless aircard....is there a wire that can go from "ipod out - usb - usb female - usb female - usb- usb out/usb aircard modem? Im sorry if this makes no sense to most people but im sure theres a few people who gotta understand at least 50% of what the f@&k im sayin.......and after the hardware thing, maybe a hack to have the itouch recognize the aircard in the same way that one of those bootleg mobile routers can? Please, if u can help, cool. I aint a newbie or a little kid, so serious answers appreciated, aiight?
  2. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Im not sure what exactly you are sayin, but Nate has found a way to have a router plug into your internet enabled phone, and have the router produce wifi from cell signal. He had a linux router with a usb connector on it, so im sure you could plug in the aircard via the usb port and have the router use that instead of the phone.
    Heres the link: http://devices.natetrue.com/mobileap/
  3. bman5555

bman5555 New Member

Do u have a cell phone with wi fi
  4. bman5555

bman5555 New Member

if u have a windows mobile device u can set your 3G to send out of wi fi card (ad-hoc) that is if u have a wi fi card

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. SimonTheSnowman

SimonTheSnowman Active Member

yes, if you have a windows mobile phone, you can have wi-fi anywhere, search on the forum, you should find a tut on how to do it..
  6. Jux1

Jux1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nah, dont have a windows phone. I got an lg vx9800.as far as i know, theres no way to share its evdo connection. I got a usb modem(wireless aircard) though. the same way i plug it into my laptop an can go online, highspeed, from anywhere there is cell phone reception......can i plug it into my itouch(if i create a cable that will allow such a connection, given proper adapters an sh*t), and use the ipod as it's host to control it? I already know its possible to work without a computer, if u plug it into a mobile router like the cradlepoint phs300. Im sure theres a way, but by the time i find out how, they will prob have an ipod out that has a function to wipe your ass for u.....j/k, but if anyone has any ideas, im open for em