Ipod touch - various questions - thank you

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sonny123, Sep 12, 2008.

1. sonny123

sonny123 New Member

Hi folks,

Can you please try and help me. I have had my touch a few weeks now. Rather than ask lots of individual questions, I thought I'd ask the lot in one go.

part 1

I've spent the last few days creating my theme. Only thing left is a sound to play when I 'slide to unlock'.

I have a JB ipod touch 2.0 with cydia.

I have successfuly created a 100kb .aiff sound file (using itunes). if i ssh into my ipod and rename it to .caf it successfuly becomes a .caf file. It plays in GOM PLAYER and works.

I found 2 unlock sounds files when browsing my ipod touch files using ssh.
    there is a unlock.aiff file in coreservices/springboard.app

and a unlock.caf in Audio/UISounds

I replaced both of these . then turned sounds to 'on' (headphones) in the settings on the ipod.

when i slide to unlock...i still get that annoying default 'tock' sound and not my sound.
    My .caf file is similar size to the default one and is not corrupted. I changed permissions from 644 to 755 and it still doesnt work. I changed back to 644 and still doent work. i rebooted etc.. etc.. basically, i have tried everything i can think of.
    I downloaded WB themes with sounds from cydia and the sounds do not work.
    I DO NOT want to use IMHO that piece of s**t CUSTOMIZE. But if anyone is wondering, yeah i tried that too and it didn't work.

Shall I just give up?

part 2
    Ipod Touch original dock.png

Do you know where it is inside the ipod touch folders - please let me know?
    or , a source where I can download it from? I've tried google...but i got nothing.

It is a grey coloured dock with many black holes...

Part 3

The unlock slider - is there an easy way to make this big? like, take up half the screen size? . all the one's I have seen are kinda small.

Part 4

On Cydia, there are 2 scrobbler programmes.

Which one is the better?

I have the free lastfm app from appstore on my touch
    do I keep it when i install one of the above scrobblers? or do i delete it?

What do these Cydia scrobbler apps do? do i need the appstores lastfm app if i install one of these..

Am i right in thinking that these cydia scrobbler apps send my music to my last fm account/the server and therefore when I log into lastfm on my touch the next time, there will be loads of recommedned stuff?

Is that basically it? i.e. it's a fast way of letting lastfm know what i am into rather then manuall adding songs/artists that i like on my desktop pc?

part 5

when listening to music on my itouch...the volume slider/line is at the bottom. I have some mp3's that are EACH 60 minutes long. and sometimes i wanna scroll to a particular time .. for example, to exactly the 30 min mark. The slider used for this is INCREDIBLY small.. any easy way to make it bigger? (this can also apply to movies too... 2 hour movie and you wanna get to a certain part and it's hard to pinpoint that sldier to the scene cos the slider is sooo small)

Part 6

I have a few simple apps like 'chores' , 'grocery list' etc.. and a couple more where i have put data in. The apps dont come with pc syncing yet. If I create a BACKUP on itunes...will it save the data of these apps too?

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

Sonny
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Jesus christ.

1) I have NEVER successfully changed the unlock sound, you'll have to wait for someone with more knowledge on that.

2) That's illegal to distribute. You'll have to restore if you want the original dock

3) Yeah, you just make a slider that is bigger than normal size. For a single tap, they should be 275x47 px, half screen 137x47 px, etc. Regular size is 71x47 px.

4) Scrobbled is what I use. You need no other Last.FM/scrobbling applications. Just install it, reboot, go to Settings, and Scrobbled should be near the bottom. Enter you info, and then respring.

5) No, there really isn't.

6) Well, SSH'ing in and copying the files from /var/mobile/Applications/XXXXXXXXXX/Documents (you need to search for the XXXXXXXX folder that contain Chores.app and Grocery List.app) should do well enough. I'm almost sure that they are auto-backed up, anyways.
  3. sonny123

sonny123 New Member

hey man, thanks for posting.

1. yeah, i dont see why it aint possible... i hear people tlaking about it..but has anyone been succesful. i sure THERE HAS !! it's a simple file swap...

2. it's ok i got it... thanks

3. i dont think that works man.... if u make a bigger pic..it gets chopped off. doesnt matter now. do u have to edit strings too ?

4. can i LISTEN to recommendations from lastfm using scrobbled? in the same way u can listen to samples using itunes..

5. apple overlooked this... oh well

6. that's annoying.. but yeah i guess i'll have to. they dont get auto backed up? how? when syncing/backing yp with itunes? ....nope.

thanks man
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

3) It still has to be 47 pixels in height. It can't be taller than that or it will get chopped off. Here's my tap to unlock on 2.1:

Please Register or Log in to view images

6) I think they do get auto-backed up by iTunes (when you plug it in and it says "Backing up XXXX's iPod"), but copying the Documents folder wouldn't hurt. If it doesn't back them up in the end, then you can just put them back.

Attached Files: