iPod Touch - Use iPod Classic Accessories?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nal001, Feb 18, 2010.

1. nal001

nal001 New Member

Hi! I just joined the forum.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sorry if this question's been asked multiple times, but I didn't see it.

I've got an 80 GB iPod Classic. I'd like to upgrade to the 3rd generation iPod Touch. But, I'm wondering if the connector is the same as the classic. I'd hate it if I couldn't use my Logictech speakers, iHome clock radio, and iPod-connected car stereo. (Actually, the car stereo wouldn't bother me too much because I could just keep the Classic connected there.)

Thanks!
  2. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yes they all have the same 30pin connector and I would not leave your classic in your car while your not in it, people have broken into cars for less.
  3. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, all iPods use the same connector(except for the shuffle

Please Register or Log in to view images

). If you do leave your iPod classic in the car, at least put it under a jacket or something. People at my high school steal socks. Not joking.
  4. nal001

nal001 New Member

Thanks for the responses! I splurged and ordered the 64 GB.

FYI, when the Classic's in the car, it's in the glovebox. A couple of years ago I replaced my car stereo with one that has iPod functionality. The connection cable runs behind the dash into the glovebox. So, the iPod isn't visible.

The high school comment made me smile. High school was more than 30 years ago for me. LOL! I don't leave my iPod in the car at shopping malls, though.
  5. AllGoodMoney

AllGoodMoney New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    the only things changed with the ipod are the addition of great new tech advances. Good choice on getting the 64GB