iPod Touch Unresponsive

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sgoutam, Jul 28, 2008.

1. sgoutam

sgoutam New Member

Hey All

Ok so this turned out to be a crappy morning, first off I have an Ipod Touch 8gb with firmware 1.1.3 and it was jailbroken. Until yesterday it was fine and then for some reason i connected my ipod to the computer and none of the submenus under the ipod in itunes were there, like movies, music etc, i clicked on it and it said accessing itunes store, i closed that by clicking the x at the top and my menus appeared, so no biggie. let it charge all night, came back and then it said itunes could not sync with the ipod, i have it as manually sync so not sure why it told me that, clicked ok and everything was ok, however it did not show my battery life next to the ipod under devices. safely removed it and turned on the ipod, the applications now open but i cant do anything in them, they dont respond to anything yet they work, open the installer and it updated my sources, all i can do now is open and app and go home, thats it. plus now when i turn the ipod off (press the power button once so it goes to sleep) the lock screen is burnt onto the display, if i do a hard shut down it goes away, but still no response in the programs.

I have no clue what happened and i wanted to know if anyone has an answer apart from restore or update to 1.1.4. But i was not able to get ssh working so i cant get in that way to figure out what to do if anyone was going to suggest that.

Before i do a restore i did use the time capsule app and backed up everything and emailed it to myself, does anyone know how to restore everything from that? Most likely going to do all this when i get home later, so any help is appreciated, thx.
  2. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

While youre download something of the AppStore, dont run any apps, it crashes your iphone
  3. TheUnderDog

TheUnderDog New Member

I believe you have to respring the springboard. Unfortunately when this happened to me, I was able to SSH in and respring it. There's an app to do this for you (killBoard), but that's not going to do you much luck without a means of getting it to the iPod...

I would look into iPhone Browser or something, and manually install the app killBoard, which you can find with the search bar probably.

Blah, sucks to be you. >_>

On the other hand, I'd think that a hard reset (holding home and sleep) should've resprang it for you, but maybe not. I would say let the battery die, but that also might not work, and since you just charged, iPhone Browser is probably faster.
  4. ‹React™›

‹React™› New Member

He has an iPod Touch just to fix up your small typo

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. sgoutam

sgoutam New Member

Its an ipod touch, so this so called iphone browser - will that work and what is it really for? Plus i am using 1.1.3, i did not upgrade to 2.0 in order to use the appstore so thats not involved here, no way im gonna spend any money on this. the last apps i installed were successful and those were last week - time capsule and insomnia. the screen that is burnt is really dark and faded but noticeable.

already tried the respring holding power button and home button but nothing.

Forgot to mention I am using iTunes 7.7 and Windows Vista 32bit

Right now I am at work and just going to kill the battery and see what happens, wish i had a program i could run that would do that quicker
  6. TheUnderDog

TheUnderDog New Member

iPhone browser is a (free) application for windows that is like SSH only it works through the iPod's cable. I'm in the same boat as you with not being on 2.0... don't know why people are talking about that here...

But yeah, this is a pretty common issue, the only problem is that you can't respring, and can only shutdown... which isn't good because the solution is to respring x_x

Here's more on the situation --> http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67144&highlight=killboard

As for the burnt really dark screen issue, I think it's also solved with killboard. I remember I had it once and it went away after either a couple of shutdowns or a respring.

HOPE THIS HELPZ. I hate being deprived of my iTouch for more than 30 seconds
  7. sgoutam

sgoutam New Member

So basically I can use the iPhone browser to install the killboard app and then run that?

Is it an intuitive program to use, the iPhone browser?

I've had to restore my thing 3 times already and really tired of losing all my contacts since I don't have it syncing from my computer, they are stored on the touch.
  8. brisingr

brisingr New Member

you have both dock and "screenshot" installed. Reboot several times until it works then uninstall dock. UNINSTALLING SCREENSHOT DOESN'T WORK. YOU NEED TO GET RID OF DOCK!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. TheUnderDog

TheUnderDog New Member

Yeah, that's what you have to do.

And I've personally never used iPhone Browser... but from a bit of searching, Total Commander sounds better, and looks more similar to winSCP http://www.ghisler.com/

And wow, some link I gave you before, it didn't even include the actual killboard app... If you need me to upload it, I can.

teh edits: Yes, the problem occured with me because of dock also. Maybe with total commander you could try removing dock instead of running killboard, but killboard is still always a nice thing to have.
  10. sgoutam

sgoutam New Member

i think i did install dock, one that opens from the bottom right? screenshot not sure what that is.

So do i keep doing a hard shut down? cause i've done that about 15 times already

I shall only be able to do the killboard and iphone browser when i get home, for now I am just killing the battery and doing hard reset's.