Ipod touch unresponsive HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JaqMs, Aug 17, 2008.

1. JaqMs

JaqMs New Member

Feb 12, 2008
    So I was casually using my touch one day when it suddenly shut off. It will not turn on anymore. I have tried resetting it using every possible button combination and length of holding them down but it's just unresponsive. Itunes doesn't recognize it, and trying to reset while it is plugged in doesn't do anything either.

Now I do have an AC charger, and when I plug it in the apple logo shows up, but after about 10 seconds it "shuts off". It seems like the backlight turns off first since I can see the apple logo slowly fade into blackness. When I try resetting with it plugged in AC it completely shuts off after about 10 seconds. When I hold down the home button and THEN plug it in, I get the "connect to itunes" screen. However, right when I unplug it the ipod shuts off again.

The battery is probably not the problem. It shut off at ~80% battery life. Also, I left it in the AC charger overnight. Still, nothing works.

I'm running out of ideas here. I was able to revive it once from this state but now I'm unable to. And please don't tell me "send it to apple" because that doesn't help and it is jailbroken but I have no way of erasing the data since I can't get into restore mode or DFU mode in the first place.
  2. Ezra

Ezra Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2008

Take it to apple, get a new one

Please Register or Log in to view images

(I know you don't want to... But you have no choice it seems)