Ipod Touch Unable To Restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stenciil, Sep 24, 2008.

1. stenciil

stenciil New Member

I got an Ipod touch this summer and it has been working find. The latest software for the ipod touch came out so I connected it to my computer to upgrade the software and I have no idea what happened but after it backed up my files and begin to install the new software it decided that my touch needed to be restored. So when I clicked restore it started to restore and then when it was almost complete I got error message six. I went to itunes help and tried all their recommendations except trying to sync it to someone elses computer which I will be trying soon. I know quite a few people have had this problem in the past but I never seem to be able to find an answer that works so I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this problem. Thanks!
  2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    well syncing to another computer usually is what fixes it because i know no other method
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    How are you trying to restore? WHich firmware were you on? Trying to get to?
  4. stenciil

stenciil New Member

Yeah I heard that people can get it to sync to other computers but it still doesn't work on their own......so I don't exactly see the point in that...I mean I'll try it but I just don't want to be disappointed when it still doesn't work on my computer.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Honestly I am not exactly sure, I've been keeping up with the updates and so far I haven't had a problem. I know I was updating to the new 2.1 and I had paid for the iphone update for the touch so I would say I had 2.0.