iPod Touch Turns On But No Icons Show!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Lethalmind, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Lethalmind

Lethalmind New Member

Hey guys. My problem is that my cousin has a jailbroken iPod touch but his computer is down atm. He said that he tried to reset the ipod using springboard but after it reset the screen appeared blank.

He gave it to me to see how to fix but I have a problem: since no icons show on the screen, there's no way for me to get the ip address to move the files using winscp (idk if it would've worked, but it's the only method I could try right now). Idk if he installed poof or not, but either way he doesn't know the ip address and the previously mention winscp methods is tough to pull off. I've reset it multiple times, but that doesn't work.

Is there anyway I can fix this problem without restoring it? Please help ASAP. I need to know because if it can't be manually fixed, I have to get a jump start on DL the files I'll be missing from the iPod
  2. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I don't think you can do anything, but you could try diskaid. it's like winscp but not using wifi.
  3. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    or you can try to double hit the home button the touch music.. just to see if its worthwhile t use disk aid... if no music app comes up.. than restore.. if music app come use disk aid...
  4. Lethalmind

Lethalmind New Member

Thanks guys because it does work but I don't know which folder the files are in nor where to bring the files to. I knew that I had to check the root folder but I'm in need of help for some direction. Can you guys help?
  5. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    try go ing to
    /
    than applications
    than find cydia and change the permissions to 0755 (right click properties) to all the files in all the folders there...
    go into cydia and get bossprefs and download it....
    go int bossprefs on the springboard.... and hit more and fix user dir permissions.. and if that doesnt work than try rebooting.. and if that doesnt work try restoring...
  6. lpodtouch

lpodtouch New Member

mines so messed

ok, i had poof on my ipod, then i was organising my apps, and i accidsentally hid all of my apps, now my ipod wont work, it will just show the little apple(like when you restart it) and the little loading circle, but it wont go anywhere else, how can i get my apps back and my ipod, like is there a way to accses your apps without our ipod
  7. Lethalmind

Lethalmind New Member

I can change permissions using diskaid? If I can idk how to. Help?

EDIT: I can check the folders and I see cydia and such, but they don't show on the ipod screen. My question is: without Winscp, how can I get the icons to reappear?

Please note that the iPod doesn't have poof on it. I think it happened when my cousin installed an app and did a reset. I'm trying to be as detailed because I'm not that technologically advanced to know the solution. I hope some of this is clarification