Ipod touch turns off and stays in Recovery Mode!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by david haha, Feb 19, 2009.

1. david haha

david haha New Member

My ipod touch works perfectly, except though when i turn it off it goes into recovery mode, i can easily fix this by going on the computer and fixing it without messing anything but then i cant be around my computer everytime to fix this problem. Is it something i installed? or is there a program to fix it. By the way i have an ipod firmwire 2.2.1 2nd generation. I want to fix this problem because i hate putting my ipod on lock because it wastes batteries too quick. And by the way my ipod is jailbroken.
  2. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It is a tethered jailbreak!!!
    Do people make an attempt on searching anymore? I just answered a thread on this today!! U need a booter.... Search next time......
  3. david haha

david haha New Member

What does tethered mean?
  4. phiyuku

phiyuku New Member

Wow are you retarded it is defintely a tethered jailbreak. It doesn't go into recovery mode it just doesn't turn on. How do you fix it cause that would definitely tell us if its tethered or not?
  5. david haha

david haha New Member

How do you fix this problem pernamently so that it can turn on without the computer use. Please would be appreciated. I am just a beginner so take it easy on me.
  6. phiyuku

phiyuku New Member

You can't fix it permanently I'm asking how do you fix it temporarily?
  7. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Not Possible. At the moment, you MUST turn it on with the computer, although a dongle may be in the works.
  8. phiyuku

phiyuku New Member

Of course there is semi-tethered but there is no reason for that since you want it jailbroken. You will still need a computer to turn it on with jailbroken capabilities but if you turn it on normally you will get a regular ipod with unjailbroken capabilities where you can only use apps you got legitimately from the app store.
  9. david haha

david haha New Member

Ohh i tell you how i fixed it temporary. I used the CYWOOD jailbreak helper and then i skip all the way to step 5. Make sure itunes doesn't recognize the ipod touch.
  10. phiyuku

phiyuku New Member

Yeah definitely tethered jailbreak. There is a faster way to do it though use 4secondboot loader: http://www.[PIRACY.mf].com/?yzvtmhlyzzz
    Its faster but you still need a computer. Or you can go to a semi-tethered jailbreak but it is more complicated since I have not found a GUI like cywood to install a semi-tethered jailbreak. You will get jailbroken capabilities but only when connected to a computer and regular iPod capabilities if you turn it on without a computer.