My first gen iPod Touches battery recently died after 3 years of usage, everything else was working fine. I ordered a new battery off of ebay and installed it successfully...or so I thought. Since this has happened a "untouchable band" has appeared on my device. The touchscreen doesn't detect contact across the center of the device around where alerts appear rendering it almost unusable. I have tried a factory reset and putting in into DFU mode but alas it is still not working. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it or what I did wrong?