iPod Touch to projector - some help needed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by db108108, Sep 21, 2009.

1. db108108

db108108 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just got a 2G Touch and I love it. I also teach at a university, so I'm trying to make it work for me as much as it can.

That said, I need some help and advice. With the Apple A/V cord, I can connect to my in-class projector to show PPTs as MPEG videos. I lose some functionality, but it beats carrying a laptop to class. I'm also assuming that with an AUX cord I can play audio.

I also use some Youtube videos, but from everything I've seen and read, I haven't yet seen a way to project the entire iPod screen onto the projector, only videos. I'd love to use Safari (for some university sites) in class, and Youtube, but I don't see a way to do this yet. I do know that there are iPod specific projectors out there, but lack of space in the classroom makes those useless to me.

Any advice? Are there any apps out there to help me with this?
  2. db108108

db108108 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A self update: I bought the Apple composite cords, and they work! They also work with the YouTube app, so yes, you can see YouTube on the big screen.
  3. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So are you saying you can see the homescreenof your iPod on the projector?

If that isn't what you're saying, download ScreenSplitr, and you can see everything.
  4. db108108

db108108 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's not what I was saying, but it is now! Million thanks, Gershmer!