iPod touch to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by willryan42, Apr 26, 2008.

1. willryan42

willryan42 New Member

I have an ipod touch, but I'm considering going to an iPhone. I know very little about the unlocking process, but a lot about jailbreaking. I have a mac, and I'm assuming i'd use iLiberty to unlock and jailbreak it. After that, I can use it with T-mobile no problem? Right now, on my plan, I have unlimited texts, picture message, and aim, so would all of that apply with the iphone? I don't really want to pay extra for edge, so that doesn't matter, but i could use this just fine without any extra charges to my bill or getting busted from t-mobile?

Point me to a thread if there's already one like this made.
  2. iFeRd

iFeRd New Member

Use ZiPhone to unlock n jailbreak it, the whole process takes about a min. or 2. U won't b charged extra for using an iPhone with T-Mobile. If u wanna use ur browser with edge, make sure u type wap.voicestream.com in the APN bar which is in the network section under the general settings or edge won't work. Good luck!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    no. use iliberty, ziphone alters ur bootloader, in a process that cannot be undone no matter how many times u restore, then apple can tell that u unlocked it
  4. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

Definitely stay away from Ziphone. Don't mess with the bootloader unless you absolutely have to.
  5. gillygan

gillygan New Member

What if you tried to jailbreak, it had the bsd error thing and you restored it, then jailbroke it with ilberty?
  6. willryan42

willryan42 New Member

And when I plug it in to unlock it, it should have my T-mobile sim card in it correct?

EDIT: And if (assuming it'll be at 1.1.3/4 when I buy it) downgrade to 1.1.2, then click unlock, will it stay at 1.1.2? Is this okay to do? I just really prefer to be on 1.1.2