iPod touch takes a long time to charge

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andydam, Jun 15, 2008.

1. andydam

andydam Banned

My iPod touch has been charging for 3 HOURS and its still on the very low screen, the one with the red baterry in the center of the screen. I haven't been able to get to the home screen yet. I got my iPod yesterday.
  2. LyncHung

LyncHung New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if it won't charge and boot up then you have something wrong with yer battery. take it back and get a new one, it should be charged enough to turn it on when you buy it.
  3. ronniev23

ronniev23 New Member

if ur gonna take it back (which is the only thing to do) make sure that u unjailbreak it so that they cant say that u hacked it or whatever....the cause if this is that u charged it when it wasnt nessicary.... this happens to all electronic devices...the battery is dead.
  4. Luscher

Luscher New Member

mine charges very quickly remeber when you want to charge your ipod to close all programs and turn wifi off so you may want to restart your ipod before charge. it charges faster that way
  5. ronniev23

ronniev23 New Member

yea but his problem is that it wont charge at all
  6. LyncHung

LyncHung New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you guys need to pay more attention and read the post all the way. he said he bought it yesterday and has never gotten to the home screen (I'm guessing he means the unlock screen). so there is no way to sync to itunes or computer at all, so he could have jailbreaked it. this also makes it impossible to turn off wifi and other sh*t when its never even been booted up. its because people like you who add 654496416841354 messages to every post that make us go through 20 pages of useless messages to get one good piece of information. I don't mean to change the subject, but your posts would not help anyone in this situation and are therefore: useless.

andydam: there was something wrong when they built your ipod, take it back to store for replacement
  7. andydam

andydam Banned

How is that even possible? I have gotten it to start one time, and I jailbroke it that time. How can I even take it off?

BTW, is there a way to fix it without taking it back? Because I got a Porduct ervice Plan from Best Buy and they have to "service" it for a couple months at the least. And I can't exchange it because of that.

I have a strange feeling that the battery works perfectly, but then the software thinks that its low on battery. I have been able to get it to start up a couple of times by hold the home and sleep button while plugging the charger in. But now it doesn't work anymore. I'm starting to suspect that it was jalibreak's fault because it had held a full charge before that.

I also think that the reason its charging so slowly is because the iPod might have put itself on trickle charge.
  8. LyncHung

LyncHung New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what did you use to jailbreak? pwn, ziphone, or iliberty? download the newest ziphone and use it to put ipod into restore or dfu mode, then restore. once restored, let it charge up all the way and jailbreak again.
  9. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's definitely not the jailbreak's fault, unless you used WinPwn which modifies the bootloader. During the WinPwn process, maybe something went wrong. But, it's unusual for that to affect the battery. Who knows, it could have been a defective battery from the time you opened the box.
  10. andydam

andydam Banned

Nevermind. I went to get an exchange. BTW, I used iJailbreak.