Ipod Touch syncing with usb 1.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Fontenette, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Fontenette

Fontenette New Member

This is my first post....
    I recently purchased my Ipod Touch this past sunday, when i looked at the requirements it stated that i need usb 2.0. I tried to activate my Ipod Touch with no luck. I was able to take it to a friend's house,activate it and sync some of his music. I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on how they were able to sync their ipod touch with usb 1.1. I am running windows XP. I will probably upgrade my usb ports soon but i would like to hold it off. I also realized that it is charging and the ipod hardware is recognized by windows.

My email is Fontenette@gmail.com
    Contact me or reply please.
  2. arena

arena New Member

its weird actually cause i swear that my touch is all 1.1 ports, but i manage to sync it and activate it etc. even when i plug my touch in it says "this device can perform faster than a 1.1 port" or something along those lines. somehow it still works, whether my computer is confused and i do actually have 2.0 ports i dont know. just try every plug u can and go to device manager and explore around there. if not you can just get a 2.0 from your local technician fitted, just make sure you have an appropriate motherboard for it