iPod Touch syncing slowly, memory problems, iTunes won't play

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by faburizu, Aug 19, 2010.

1. faburizu

faburizu New Member

Hi, I just bought an iPod Touch 3rd Gen from ebay, refurbished. Everything is working well except for when I begin to sync songs. I have a fairly large library, of about 19k and I'm reasonably downsizing to fit my 64GB iPod Touch. I'm trying to add about 37GB at the moment and it's going painfully slow. There's about 10 songs being added per minute. I used to have a 120GB iPod classic 6th gen - its harddrive just gave out on me. It used to sync about 200+ songs per minute, if I remember correctly. I have finally fulfilled my dream in owning an iPod Touch, however I've run into this problem. A quick summar of my problems:

- Only syncing about 10 songs every minute.
    - Eating up memory more than I've ever seen iTunes do; can't even play music while syncing w/o it being all crackly and skippy.

I've googled it and seen that a slow syncing is a problem. I've tried the back-up fix, both manually and automatically through a program called BackOff. I've tried every USB port on my computer, front and back. I've reset the iPod to factory settings and gone from there. I'm desperate to find a fix and I'm so happy for any input whatsoever. Thanks!

Oh, I almost forgot. My specs:

Operating System
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD Athlon II X2 235 40 °C
    Regor 45nm Technology
    RAM
    6.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 334MHz 5-5-5-15
    Motherboard
    eMachines MCP61PM-GM (CPU 1)
    Graphics
    CPD-2401 @ 1280x1024
    256MB GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
    Hard Drives
    732.57GB Seagate ST375052 8AS SCSI Disk Device (IDE)
    Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH41N SCSI CdRom Device
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio
  2. m9r8l6

m9r8l6 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You could try re-installing itunes or restoring. Also are you on the latest itunes?
  3. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    reinstall itunes to newest and do a DFU restore.
  4. faburizu

faburizu New Member

I just want to add that I've already restored and yes, I'm using the newest iTunes. The firmware I'm using is 4.0.2. and I know it's not my iTunes. I hooked another iPod up to this PC and it synced songs a LOT quicker and didn't cause me any problems. It was an 8GB nano.