ipod touch syncing ipod to computer

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by michelle radford, Nov 16, 2009.

1. michelle radford

michelle radford New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi. Please help

Can I transfer the music from an ipod touch to a new computer without having access to the old computer that the music was held on?

Basically we have an ipod that used to belong to my brother and now I want to put his music onto a new computer so his kids can use his ipod. He created playlists of there favourite music for birthday parties. We do not have access to his old computer that had his itunes software on so I have downloaded the itunes software to a new computer but am too scared to sync the ipod in case I lose all of his music. I beleive the majority of the music was purchased from itunes and we have access to his itunes account. Even if we can just re download the purchased music, it would be better than nothing.

Not wanting to sound like a sob story, my brother was killed in a car acident a few months ago. I know that this probably reekes of "piracy" but I can assure you that this is a genuine case.

If anyone can help me, I would be extremely grateful.

Kind regards
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

3. sheldonyoyo

sheldonyoyo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yes

this program works very well its called the mediawiget made by bootsrap all u do is download the softwere plug in your ipod it shows the music on the page , then gives you the choice to send to computer, itunes or back to ipod. i hope this helps email me if you need more info sheldonyoyo@yahoo.com