iPod Touch Sync Problems - Disconnect

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by unicorechoice, Mar 22, 2008.

1. unicorechoice

unicorechoice New Member

Hey. I am having problems syncing my iPod, as I have had since I first got it, last year (Whenever they first got shipped, I pre-ordered) on 1.1.1 fresh. I now am 1.1.4 jailbroken, not that it makes any difference. I have used every iTunes version since I first got it, nothing is helping. I would like to know if anyone has gotten anything to help this problem, where it syncs anywhere from 1 to 200 songs at a time then gets a "The iPod 'Tanner's iPod' could not be synced. The disk could not be read from or written to." message. From what I have heard on a few similar topics is that Apple advises you to restart your computer (I have tried this many, many times, no help), close your anti-virus (don't have any, but I rebooted with msconfig set to boot nothing but the required services to sync, to see id that worked, still nothing). I do not know what else to try. It seems to me it is a problem with the iPod firmware itself, as the screen goes back to the slide to unlock screen, then the error message pops up in iTunes. I am not sure why Apple will not recognize this problem, or fix it. It seems this only happens on Windows computers, and only some of those, as it synced perfectly on my friend's computer. I have tried every USB port I have on my computer as well, still nothing. Anyone find ANYTHING that works? Any ideas on what to try? How can we possibly get Apple to fix this? Oh, I also tried five different iPod cables. (For some reason, I have five. And I figured I may as well try them all.)

I am using:
    iTunes 7.6.1.9
    iPod Touch 1.1.4 JB
    Windows XP Media Center
  2. unicorechoice

unicorechoice New Member

wow. I assumed there would be like, 10 kids with no idea piping in by now. great.
  3. jeffrey529

jeffrey529 New Member

have you tried reinstalling itunes?
    if that doesn't work, try a virtual machine maybe?
  4. Raidtd

Raidtd New Member

It's the USB port. There's not enough power running it. I had the same problem, then I started using my laptop and it worked. When you have other devices running on your PC or just connected, they take away from the power. Best way to solve this is, unplug everything that uses USB ports and it should work, or if you have a laptop, use that. One idea i've heard but haven't tried is using a powered USB hub with its own power source. A laptop works because you don't have anything hooked up to it (keyboard, mouse, printer, external hdd, etc.) Hope this helps.
  5. unicorechoice

unicorechoice New Member

huh! did not think of that. I had unplugged every other USB accesory, but that didn't seem to help, or maybe it did a bit but I just wrote it off as fluke. thanks! and yes, thank you very much for reading, I have reinstalled every time an itunes update has come out. (iTunes updates reinstall the entire program.)
  6. unicorechoice

unicorechoice New Member

well, it still doesn't work, but at least now I know why. thanks!