ipod touch stuck on boot screen after reset

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jgraider, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgraider

jgraider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so I used the reset settings and data on my jailbroken 2g ipod touch version 2.2.1, and after the progress bar was all the way through, it went to the boot screen with the apple logo

but instead of resetting and starting back up, it stays on the apple logo boot screen and every once in a while, it turns to just a black screen and then goes back to the rebooting screen

itunes doesnt recognize it, and I'm not sure how to put it in DFU mode when I cant even turn it off

if anyone could help, that would be great
  2. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    do this when its stuck on boot logo :
    hold home and power button for a little till the logo goes away, but dont hold too long because it will bot up again....
    then dfu mode which is hold the home and power button ( when idevice is off) for 10 seconds, then hold home button until itunes recognizes it in restore mode.....( make sure your device is plugged in to the comp)
  3. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i heard you cant reset on a jailbroken device or you will need to restore. looks like you just proved it. sorry you have to restore now.
  4. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I heard the same thing. It looks like it's true.
  5. Dragenball8

Dragenball8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    same thing happend with my ipod except its a 3.1.2 2gen and i tried doing that but itunes wont recognize it so i cant restore
  6. Fieryfear

Fieryfear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    dfu mode and it should restore
  7. Dragenball8

Dragenball8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    does that mean it will downgrade? becouse i dont want to downgrade it i want to do the opposite and then re-jailbreak it with spirit is there another way to fix it?
  8. Fieryfear

Fieryfear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    dfu mode and restore (and it will update you to the latest firmware available for your ipod)
  9. Dragenball8

Dragenball8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok i did that but spirit isnt working. when i tried to jailbreak my ipod went straight back to the reset screen and now i cant even do dfu mode. when the battery ran out it didnt even show the low battery thing and when ever i turn it on its on the reset screen for a minuit or two (dosent even tell me it is low on battery) and turns off again. when turn itunes on, it dosent recognize it. Is this becouse of the spirit jailbreak? or is it something else?
  10. John Price

John Price New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried to restore it through iTunes, but an error came up saying that it couldn't restore the iPod. I'm trying iRecovery now, hoping it works!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.