Ipod Touch stuck on black screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by XCrownedClownX, Jun 24, 2009.

1. XCrownedClownX

XCrownedClownX New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I jailbroke my 3.0 ipod touch and tried to install Sbsettings and it was stuck on the download and said it was completed and had the spinning wheel. My ipod then turned off and when I turned it back on it was stuck on the apple then the screen just went blank and doesn't do anything, how do I fix this?

Edit: it's been sitting here for a while and the apple just popped up again with a spinning loader for a second then went back to a black screen =\
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well, I now have my ipod touch at that screen with the USB and the Itunes CD logo... halp?
  2. un49iven

un49iven New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Looks like something got screwed up in you SBSetting installation...i suggest you use the DFU mode to restore your firmware... look up the forum for info about DFU mode
  3. XCrownedClownX

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So are you suggesting restoring with Itunes to 3.0 and then re-jailbreaking?
  4. aaronBlackburn

aaronBlackburn New Member

Hey, I just got a 2G iPod touch - 16GB today and I didnt have an apple account so I couldnt buy apps. So ive created one, but im stuc on the last stage where iTunes sends you a verification email. Ive tried my Yahoo and 5 Hotmails but it wont send anything!

Im really desperate and could really do with some help

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thankyou
  5. un49iven

un49iven New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Don't post randomly anywhere... this thread is addressing a different issue... but anyhow, try using Gmail or some other mail host (maybe not a public email host), sometimes Yahoo and Hotmail have issue with activation emails...
  6. XCrownedClownX

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i did an Itunes restore and it's working again. such a pain having to resync everything. So tired too, gotta stop staying up to 5AM
  7. un49iven

un49iven New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes... SBSetting loads by dynamic libs into the core of the OS... if something got screwed up here... dfu restore is your saviour!
  8. XCrownedClownX

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the help. guess after it syncs all my music which is going to take like, 20 minutes I'll rejailbreak and not install anything that messes with the physical OS for a while to give the people who make all this a chance to update and officially support 3.0

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also I hope SOMEBODY creates something that FULLY unlocks the bluetooth so we can use headsets and not just specific headphones.

I'm also confused to why I can use my Ipod while it's syncing and the syncing screen isn't up but whatever.
  9. Pwndtouch

Pwndtouch New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You will probably have to restore your iPod. To do this hold the power and home buttons for around 30sec until it turns off and when turned on says connect to iTunes.
  10. XCrownedClownX

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how observant of you but un49iven has already aided in solving my problem