Ipod Touch Stuck on Apple Logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vrdabomb5717, Jun 2, 2008.

1. vrdabomb5717

vrdabomb5717 New Member

So, I have a Ziphone 1.1.4 32gb ipod touch. Yesterday, after listening to my ipod, I put it on my desk and went to sleep. When I turned it on today, it was stuck on the screen with the Apple logo that appears when you first turn on the ipod. I left it alone for an hour, and it keeps endlessly rebooting into the same apple logo screen. I've hard reset it, put it into recovery mode and then into normal mode, and tried deleting some apps like summerboard, poof, and categories, but my ipod still won't load into the main screen.

The funny thing is that my computer recognizes my ipod. Itunes sees it, Mediamonkey sees it, and both can play files to and from it. I can sync to the ipod, I just can't use it.

Is there anything else I can do, or I am forced to start all over and restore it from scratch? I really don't want to resync, since I had to manually go through all my songs and retag them. Does anyone have a solution for me that doesn't involve restoring my ipod?
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Welcome to iPodTouchFans!

Well, you said that you can play files to and from the iPod, so if you're able to access the file system via SSH, you could backup all your necessary files that you wanted, like your media (Music, videos, photos etc) and then follow through with restoring.

Also, you said that you had to go through all your songs and retag them, although that's through iTunes, is it not? If it is, restoring won't erase those tag changes you made, and you can simply put the music back onto your iPod touch after you restore.
  3. vrdabomb5717

vrdabomb5717 New Member

Unfortunately, I tag within a bunch of software, and then delete the songs in the Itunes library when I'm done. Simply said, tagging is a problem that I'd rather avoid.

So there isn't any other way to avoid restoring the iPod? I tried draining the battery, charging it, and then restarting the iPod, but that didn't work either. I know I can get my media back; I just want to avoid having to go through that if I can avoid it.

Has anyone else had this problem?
  4. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz New Member

Yes, and i still have that problem. Also, restore didn't fix my problem. My sleep/wake button seems to have a mind of it's own it seems.

Right now i downgraded to 1.1.1 and am trying to virginise it, if that doesn't work i'm screwed. Will tell you my results later, but it's not looking promising at all.

well, i tried, and they say the script failed :'( so i can't virginise
  5. vrdabomb5717

vrdabomb5717 New Member

Sweet, I solved my problem! I redownloaded the 1.1.4 software and re-upgraded my iPod touch by Shift-Clicking the upgrade button. I lost all my 3rd party apps, but it was worth it to be able to use my iPod again!

I got my 1.1.4 firmware from here, for anyone that wants to know: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=757
  6. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz New Member

That's great man.

I tried that too several times. Falied each time. I'm losing hope....noone is able to help me
  7. MattVz

MattVz New Member

This will fix your problem

My ipod touch has done this many times!!!!

THE SOLUTION

1: PLUG YOUR IPOD INTO YOUR COMPUTER!!!

2: HOLD THE "HOLD" AND THE "MENU" BUTTON UNTIL THE TOUCH'S SCREEN GOES BLACK AND SHOWS THE APPLE LOGO AGAIN THEN RELEASE THE BUTTONS!!!

3: WAIT ABOUT 5-15 MINUTES!!!

4: YOUR COMPUTER WILL MAKE A "CHIME" SOUND AND THEN THE IPOD WILL SHOW THE LOCKED SCREEN WITH THE BATTERY LOGO...

This works every time for me when my ipod crashes, the screen is stuck on the apple logo or if the screen goes white...

Hope this helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. manutdfan539

manutdfan539 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How the hell did you even find this?
  9. ponechio

ponechio New Member

My ipod is weird though, its stuck on the apple logo after a quick spring from bosspreffs but itunes still recognizes my ipod, so idfk whats going or how to fix it
  10. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    ^^
    No need to post twice about the same problem, just remain on one thread and eventually someone will answer.