iPod Touch stuck on Apple Logo with Loading Circle

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ravistic, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Ravistic

Ravistic New Member

Hey all! First things first, I know there are a lot of other posts out there with this same problem, I've viewed probably fifteen different threads and read somewhere close to a hundred or so posts, but I still cant get my device to work properly.

Here's the deal. My iPod Touch was jail broken several months ago using Black Rain. I was curious about jail breaking, and when I found out that it really isn't that big of a deal, I went back to not using my iPod touch very often. Recently, my little brother had become addicted to fishing games that my Uncle has on his iPhone 4, not to mention a bunch of other games, and I figured since I never use my iPod Touch any more, I'd give it to him.

However, before I gave it to him, I wanted to reset it. I went to do a complete restore (I cant think of what it is exactly called right now, I just know I've used it before and it's worked just fine.) through the iPod Touch, I did *not* restore it in iTunes. Again, keep in mind the device was jail broken (I'm just assuming this is why I'm having the problem I'm having) and upon the loading bar finishing up, which took about an hour, the Apple Logo itself appeared, and several minutes after a small loading circle, which would "load" for a few seconds, then freeze. It would stay this way for about ten minutes, then shut off for a few seconds, and do the exact same thing again, and it's been in a loop all day.

What can I do to fix this? I've read about DFU mode and all sorts of other things I can do by holding down buttons and iBricker, but *nothing* has worked. Even DFU, which I have read is a fool proof, works 100% every time solution. I might have been doing it wrong, but I would really, really appreciate help. I'd love to give it to my brother as a surprise, but I can't give it to him like this.

Important things to note:

-I have NO Control of any buttons on the device. I can not turn it on or off, it is as if my input with the buttons doesn't register with the device

-iTunes does NO Recognize it, nor does any other program (like Black Rain, after I tried to re-jailbreak it in hopes that it would unfreeze)

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to describe the problem as best I could. Thank you very, very much!
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    DFU mode.
  3. Ravistic

Ravistic New Member

Look, I appreciate the reply, but simply posting 'DFU Mode' doesn't help me in any way. I'd like someone with a bit of intelligence to reply to my post next time, or at least elaborate with instructions.

Like I said, I can't do anything with the buttons. I can not turn off the device, nor can I turn it on. It is stuck in the loop, and I can do nothing about it. The buttons don't respond. I've held down the buttons for the '10 seconds' and waited for it to turn off, but it doesn't. I've spent ten minutes holding them both down, but *nothing* happens. Please help.
  4. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I have heard about a program called 'can I haz recover'. I haven't used it but as far as I know it's Mac only. Could be worth a look. Also unplug it from the computer and let the battery die. This may take a while and then put it on iTunes and try to restore.
  5. Ravistic

Ravistic New Member

Thank you, I've got it unplugged now and I'll let it die. I don't run a mac however, so does anyone else have any ideas? Thank you!
  6. avikar1

avikar1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had a problem like that once.... It was with installing a program. I just let the battery die, tried to turn it on, got the red need battery thingy, connected it to iTunes and restored. Good luck!
  7. Ravistic

Ravistic New Member

Hey - Just an update. I let the battery die, and I plugged it in. It gave me the red battery, but then once it was juiced up again, it went right back to the normal loop. I feel like I'm totally screwed here...

Anyone have any other ideas? Is there any way I can force it to connect, and maybe go into it via a program and have it force reset? I don't even know if that is possible, but any ideas would be awesome.
  8. Ravistic

Ravistic New Member

Bump - I still need help. I'm still at a loss of what to do, and I'm fearing that my device is bricked. Any last ditch ideas?
  9. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    The Apple Store?
  10. Ravistic

Ravistic New Member

It was Jail Broken - I doubt they would help :-(