ipod touch stuck in recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipod3g, Aug 20, 2010.

1. ipod3g

ipod3g New Member

hey I have A 3g ipod touch accidentally updated to 4.0.2. my ipod was jailbroken by blackra1n but i wanted a jailbreak that wasnt tethered so i wanted to restore it then jailbreak it with spirit but instead it went into recovery mode and said that my ipod was not eligable to be restored and all that crap and now its stuck in recovery mode and i really want to just get my ipod to work again i dont care if it is or not jailbroken i tried pressing home and sleep button thing but by the that didnt work to so please help me i really want my ipod touch back i dont want waste 300 dollars please help
  2. applehacker

applehacker Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so try to restore to ur previous version or just upgrade ur ipod to 4.0.2 bt then u vill lose ur jailbreak
  3. ipod3g

ipod3g New Member

i cant restore it my itunes wont let me there was a error and it is already updated to 4.0.2 and i dont really care about the jailbreak any more and i prob did already lose it
  4. alades

alades New Member

iPod stuck in recovery mode with error 9

I have an iPod that is stuck in recovery mode as well, but do not know whether or not it has ever been jailbroken. I have tried almost all of the tools listed on this site with no luck (except for ones designed for the MAC and Unix OSes). When I try to kick it out of recovery mode using iRecovery, it sends it into an infinite loop to where it only gets to the apple logo and then it reboots. The only way to get it to stop this loop is to power it off and put it back into DFU mode and try to restore it using iTunes, which always fails. Every time I put the device into DFU mode, iTunes recognizes it, begins the restore process, and the device reboots with the apple logo and the little swirly. However, once it gets to the status bar, it suddenly reboots, flashes a white screen, and immediately boots back to the connect to iTunes screen and iTunes gives me an error 9.
  5. lydia1926

lydia1926 New Member

I'm having the same problem, my new ipod 8gb touch is stuck in recovery mode. I have tried all the, press down on the lock button and menu button, press shift button on your comp when clicking on restore and it will go through the recovery process and then it comes up with a failing to do so. I have error 6
  6. Pl0xs

Pl0xs New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try RecBoot Windows | Mac
    It puts your ipod into recovery mode, and it can also kick you out of there.
  7. lydia1926

lydia1926 New Member

what do you mean you can kick me out of there? i have been stuch with this for two days now it is my little boys birthday prezzie, it's his bday today and he carn't use it. every thing i have tried hasn't worked.
  8. ipod3g

ipod3g New Member

please help i just want
    my ipod to work again
  9. Pl0xs

Pl0xs New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I mean 'it' can get you out of recovery mode.
    Download it and run the program and you will see two buttons, the left to get your iDevice into recovery mode and the right one to get out of recovery mode.
  10. ipod3g

ipod3g New Member

when i click it nothing happens