Ipod Touch Stuck in Recovery mode

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Kevinkraz3, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Kevinkraz3

Kevinkraz3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey everyone, I have an iPod touch 2g on firmware 3.0. I jailbroke it a long time ago using redsn0w 0.9.2 and since then, the iPod would go into recovery mode every few days or every other week for no reason. I didn't really worry about it too much because i would just go to redsn0w and boot tether it and my iPod would go back to normal. A couple of days ago, it went into recovery mode again and i figured i would just boot tether it again, but when i went into redsn0w, it didn't pick it up. I tried in iTunes and it didn't show there either. My computer picks it up as Apple Recovery Device and only gives me the option to install, which i did but didn't help. I tried DFU and nothing has helped.I'm on a PC by the way, not a Mac. Please help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    DFU will work, just keep trying. Look here.
  3. Kevinkraz3

Kevinkraz3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The problem with my iPod is that it's stuck in recovery mode. when I turn it off then on, it's automatically in recovery mode, even if not connected to the computer. when i try DFU, the sound the computer makes is one beep when the power goes off, then three beeps in succession really quickly when the usb logo pointing towards the iTunes symbol appears.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok so i tried it a few times, and ended up getting it into DFU mode, after about 10 minutes, the iPod was almost done restoring when i got an error. it says "The iPod "iPod" Could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1601)"
  4. TheAddict

TheAddict New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem kind of, what you have to do is just restore from another computer if you have one.
    Another thing you can try is turn it off, hold the home button and connect it to your PC (while still holding the home button) and THEN click restore.
    Tell me if it worked

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Kevinkraz3

Kevinkraz3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, sorry i haven't responded in a while, i was on vacation. @TheAddict, thanks for the help, but both ways didn't work. the same error code (1601) came up on the other computer...I'm stuck =/
  6. wasim92

wasim92 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    jailbreak it again
  7. Kevinkraz3

Kevinkraz3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It won't get picked up by the computer and iTunes,meaning i can't jailbreak it
  8. Kevinkraz3

Kevinkraz3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ...any help?