iPod Touch stuck in "Recovery mode" restore stops at 60%

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nathanwj, May 5, 2009.

1. nathanwj

nathanwj New Member

I was using my iPod after church on sunday, put it in my pocket. When i plugged it in for the night, it was fine, but then in the morning, it would not turn on... So i thought it needed to be charged.. i tried to charge it in my MAC, and it said it foind an iPod in recovery mode (not DFU mode... i know how to do that... done it much...) I have looked all over the forums and tried everything... what are the suggestions?

I have tried:
    ZiPhone
    QuickPwn
    putting it in DFU mode
    putting it in "recovery mode" again

nothing works. the device is entirely unresponsive unless plugged into the computer, then when it restores, it gets stuck at 60 % or so. And in iTunes, it says "verifying restore" but it has stayed like that all night... twice..

please help!
  2. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try reinstalling your iTunes.

It's strange that you are having trouble even after putting it in DFU.
  3. nathanwj

nathanwj New Member

i forgot to mention that I have re-installed itunes, tried it on another computer, tried it on another user on the same computer also....

I can't even put it in DFU, i have tried at least 20 times. The ipod touch is unresponsive unless it is trying to restore.
  4. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well if it is really entirely unresponsive, just send it apple or take it to one of their stores. As long as it's stuck in DFU or non-responsive (which means they'll somehow have to restore it) they wont know that you had ever jailbroken it, and if they can't get it to restore, then new iPod for you. lol.

But seriously, if nothing at all seems to be working, just give em a call. I was tinkering with the internals of mine once (not physical internals, but the software stuff) while I had it jailbroken, then I messed up real bad, couldn't restore or anything, called apple, they sent me a box, and I sent it to them, about a week and a half later they I got a new one in the mail from them.
  5. nathanwj

nathanwj New Member

I would like to take it in, but it is more than a year old already, and I wont be near an apple store until june... i am at college in northeast Wisconsin...