Ipod Touch stuck in recovery after an accident

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by StoryBoutAGirl, Apr 4, 2010.

1. StoryBoutAGirl

StoryBoutAGirl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, I have a 2nd gen ipod touch. It's not jailbroken or modified in any way. It simply was in a car with me that was under water and it got broken. I thought for a year it was gone but the other day I found it and to my surprise it turns on and I get the screen showing the usb cord and itunes. I understand it is stuck in recovery mode as far as I can tell. When I try and restore it. I have followed apples guides as well as all kinds of things I found on google and nothing works. I keep getting an error (1611) saying it could not be restored due to an unknown error. How can I overcome this. Like I said everything seems to point to jailbroken ipods and I don't even have a clue what that means. I still tried it anyways and it doesn't work. Short of sending it back to Apple. Any ideas?
  2. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Download the newest version of itunes, plug in the ipod and click restore. It should download the newest 3.1.3 software for you if you've paid for it. If not, i'd buy it. Also, what firmware are you running? Since it's already in recovery mode, putting it into DFU mode would do the same thing. I dunno what to tell you other than that.