iPod Touch stuck in DFU mode? Error 1611

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CPVP, Mar 2, 2009.

1. CPVP

CPVP New Member

[iPod Touch 2g v.2.2.1]

My iPod Touch is stuck in DFU mode, (Hold power and home button for a few seconds and when the logo shows, let go of the power button but keep finger on home to enter DFU Mode) So I tried going into iTunes and pressed restore, It's stuck on preparing for restore, and after 1 minute later, my iPod enters the logo, with the loading sign on

[ Apple Logo ]
    (__________)

Which represents how much it's proceeded, and then after, it disconnects. then reconnects,

Oh wait. It gave me an error for 1611. Explain and help me out?
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    You are not entering DFU correctly! You should NOT see the logo when going into DFU.

Connect to computer, hold home for 5 seconds, press and hold power while holding home for 10 seconds, it should disconnect(you will hear in speakers), let go of power and keep holding home until it connects again and will be in DFU. The screen will be blank as if the ipod is turned off.

Also if you go to apple site and enter error number it will give you troubleshooting tips.
  3. annth9

annth9 New Member

i have the same error (1611) everytime i plug it into the computer it just shows the usb cord to plug it into itunes... i followed your steps but it didnt work.. please help
  4. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    have you tried jawcls fix for 16XX errors?
  5. Duykur

Duykur Banned

Neither of you are doing DFU properly, DFU is a completely black screen, no apple logo, no usb cable
  6. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

You should have given them a link

Please Register or Log in to view images

Look in my signature for DFU mode and for the fix for the error.
  7. Jbercaw

Jbercaw New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    When I do this it starts to work itunes says waiting on ipod then I hear the speakers make that sound again (4 times) then my ipod screen goes white and I get an error from itunes that says "An Ipod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect and try again. There is not enough memory available.
  8. angela23hoo

angela23hoo New Member

ive read all of this and tryed holding the home and power button as directed it is not working why are so many people having same problem how can i fix this ??? all i get is the connect pic (the itunes and the usb cable pic) please someone help me i also i took itunes out of computer and re downloaded it that not working either just get 1611 error on comp and same old pic as noted above on the ipod touch anyone here please help im new to this i had my ipod a week (bought from brother that never had this problem it worked great but all sudden im having this one PLEASE SAVE MY DAY ID LIKE TO TAKE IT WITH ON VACATION MONDAY
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok so its ok so its black screen now what do i do ?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok so i did this and its on the blank screen what do i do now ?