iPod touch stuck in a weird recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 15avaughn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. 15avaughn

15avaughn Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    My iPod touch wouldn't go on Wi-Fi so I turned it off but then it came up with the "Connect to iTunes" logo and my battery life in the top right corner. However, when I try to recover it in iTunes it comes up with a "Enter your Passcode" prompt which I can't do because it's stuck in Recovery mode so I tried to get it out using RecBoot and it didn't work in fact it didn't even reboot! I put it in real Recovery mode and it still says to "Enter your Passcode" but in RecBoot it reboots when I click the Exit Recovery Mode Button. I don't want to DFU because my entire library is on a Crashed computer and I don't have an HDD dock. Will this go away after a while or what should I do? Please help if you can!
    EDIT: I tried to go in DFU mode and all that happened was I went into the real Recovery mode and it restarted.
    EDIT 2: I can still press the Home button 3 times and get Negative colors and I can still take a picture using the Sleep/Wake button and Home Button this is freaking me out!
  2. 15avaughn

15avaughn Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Great! Now the jailbreak is released and I can't use it because it's a jailbreakme <(ToT)> EDIT: Wow I'm suprised this double post hasn't been automerged yet...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    DFU'd it, no Wi-fi no Bluetooth, Resetted Network Settings no Wi-Fi no Bluetooth, Deleted everything on it, No Wi-fi No Bluetooth, DFU'd it again, No Wi-Fi No Bluetooth. Looked up headphone jack, No Water Damage. Going to the Apple Store tomorrow and I'm seriously f***ing pissed off. I'd be less pissed off if it weren't for the fact that my entire iTunes library is on a Crashed Laptop. On the bright side, it's not impossible but highly improbable that I get a Prototype iPod touch 4G

Please Register or Log in to view images

or possibly an iPhone because they're out of stock on iPod touches. Actually I think that's even more improbable than getting a Prototype. >.>