iPod Touch stuck, dfu mode not recognized

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by ben7337, Mar 3, 2009.

1. ben7337

ben7337 New Member

My ipod touch 2G is kinda of stuck. I wanted to restore it so that the original firmware would be put back on it. I had heard this was simple. doesn't seem so simple now that my ipod won't turn on after itunes said it could not restore it. It now will not recognize the ipod as there, unless I put it in dfu mode, which then prompts it to not even be aware of the type of ipod it is so it cannot install firmware. The 1clickboot program I am using just does not recognize the ipod as being in dfu mode period. what can I do? I honestly did a fresh windows install, don't have all those old files for jailbreaking all neatly put together and initially jailbroke with a video and a long complicated cmd prompt. is there any easy way without me remembernig/ relearning how to jailbreak that can handle this? also libusb kind of kills my usb ports, I know there was a way to make that not happen but can't remember it.
  2. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Epic Fail, you need to install libusb in XP SP2 compatibility mode on Vista.
  3. ben7337

ben7337 New Member

How do I install it that way? I went into the program files and changed all of the .exe files to fun that way but none seemed like a standard file for handling things and as it seems to be a driver I don't see how I can control it being in compatibility mode. there certainly isn't an option to control that at install that i was able to find.

NEVERMIND--I got it.