iPod Touch stuck at iTunes/cord logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Shamster, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Shamster

Shamster New Member

Hey gang,
    I have an 8GB 1st Generation iPod Touch, and I had the 3.0 firmware installed a couple weeks ago, and minus the beta flaws of the firmware, everything worked just fine. I could listen to music and use the wifi.

Yesterday, I picked up it and wanted to set my alarm, and realized that it was really, really, really, really laggy, so I thought I'd reboot it and see whats up.

I shut it down and now it won't get past the iTunes/Cord logo. Which now requires me to restore the iPod Touch. When I attempt to do that, I get this error message:

(0xE8000022)

Its not exactly that. I think its (0xE8000005), or something like that.

I'm unable to restore it, or access it anyway. I think its permanently stuck in UDF mode.

I know that firmware 3.0 is still very uncharted, but I don't see why I can't just restore it when ever I want.

I've tried downloading and restoring to older versions, but it won't let me. This is prior to this issue I'm having now. But right now, I'm having this issue.

Any ideas?? Thanks guys!
  2. Tourniquet.

Tourniquet. Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    try to connect to an other usb port and try restoring it again.

i had the same problem!

if that doesn't work, reinstall itunes and try a different port
  3. Shamster

Shamster New Member

I've tired using a different USB port. But currently don't have access to the internet for a new copy of iTunes.

Is that right though? Can a USB port work every time, and then not work all of a sudden? The same port works for 2 different iPhones, but not my iPod. Not anymore anyways.

The 3.0 firmware requires that iTunes doesn't have access to the internet in order to work, because you need a Dev Team account with Apple in order to use the Beta 3.0, which is way I figured it would work without having the internet plugged in.

I'm getting cable set up today, and I'll give a fresh install of iTunes a try, I'm just feeling a little skeptical about it.

Thanks mate!

Any other ideas??

Any information on the type of error message? I can't seem to find any other references to it.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have some additional information:

The error message I get is (0xE800005D) when I don't force the restore. If I do force the restore, it'll give me the 1604 error message. When I attempt to force restore, iTunes will find the iPod, and it'll prompt me to restore because I'm in UFD mode, and it'll take quite a few minutes, but its always the same two error messages.

I've tired restoring with 1.1.3, 2.0.1 and 2.2.1. Nothing worked. I also downloaded the 3.0 Beta 3, and its telling me that the firmware file doesn't fit (something like that).

I've tired installing and reinstalling iTunes. I've tired it with and without internet connection.

I've tried different USB ports. Both 1.6 and 2.0. Nothing.

I've called Apple, and those bastards want me to pay for it.

I've tired WinPWN and QuickPwn. None of them work because it can't detect the iPod. ZiPhone is useless in general, but doesn't work for me either.

Any ideas?? There really isn't much help online about this. People who've had similar problems said that a force restore always worked, but not for me.

I have two other iPhone, and they all work like a charm.

Help!!
  4. Shamster

Shamster New Member

For all those whom are having the same or similar issues, all you need to do is make sure you have the latest iTunes, the latest (and proper) firmware version, and WinPwn (or QuickPwn).

Make a custom firmware and restore with it. The key, and I can't stress this enough, is to be in the right restore mode. I've tired restore modes that show the Apple logo and a black screen and neither of them worked. In order to restore, you'll need the ALL WHITE SCREEN in order for this to work.

Then use iTunes and shift+restore using the custom firmware.

Patience. It took me 4 tries before it worked, doing the exact same thing.

Dispite what people say, BRICKING you iPod is not an easy thing to do if you don't know what you're doing.

Hope this helps!