Ipod Touch Stuck at Flashing Apple Logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrsomebody65, Jul 28, 2010.

1. mrsomebody65

mrsomebody65 New Member

So today I was using a jailbroken app called "Docs" to view some files I had stored on my device. While I was using the app, it froze. I didn't think much of it because apps do freeze every now and then. So I tried holding the home and power button to reset it like I usually do when this kind of thing happens. No response. After about a minute, my ipod's screen fades and appears to turn off. (It was a slow fade, didn't look too good)

I tried resetting again, and got the apple logo. I thought I had fixed the problem. I was wrong. The apple logo stayed there for about 5 seconds until going black. Then the apple logo reappeared. Then it went black again. My ipod is continuing this cycle over and over, like its trying to boot up but it can't. It has been flashing the apple logo on and off for the past two hours now.

I tried plugging it into my computer, but iTunes does not recognize it. I can't even turn my ipod off or stop it from flashing the apple logo...

Can anyone give me a solution to this? I really don't want to even try to do a restore until I have tried EVERYTHING else...
  2. meturkishboy

meturkishboy New Member

well dude...... exact same thing happened to me.. thats why im stalking the pages of ifans.com now waiting for a jailbreak... what you do is drain it of its batery and restore it... same thing happened to mine and i had to restore it to ios 4.0 if im not mistaken you gotta restore it to 4.1 beta unless you have shsh blobs saved
  3. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    No it will still be iOS 4.0, 4.1 beta is for devs only at the moment.
  4. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try getting it to the recovery screen then run blackra1n to boot it. Or see if you can ssh in and delete that app or anything associated with it
  5. mrsomebody65

mrsomebody65 New Member

Tried draining the battery, didn't work. Was unable to SSH into the device. Any other suggestions?
  6. dc unloader

dc unloader Banned

7. mrsomebody65

mrsomebody65 New Member