iPod touch string locations

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lemures, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Lemures

Lemures New Member

I am trying to figure out a few things.

Where exactly is the current wallpaper defined or stored? What I mean to say is, I am looking to write a program that will display your current wallpaper (by SSHing to your iPod) in a GUI interface. I would need to either pull out the actual png, or, find where the current wallpaper's location is defined in a particular file (I could pull out the file then pull out the text) and then pull out THAT png.

Similarly, I'm looking for where the current icon's are defined. Somewhere, something tells your iPod to use the current themes png, instead of the default (located normally in the apps folder). Where is this?

Also, where are your current springboard settings saved? What I mean is, if you have 5 icons at the bottom, or 4, or perhaps the fact that you have "skip last row" enabled. Where are these saved?

Thanks.
  2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Don't know all the specifics, but I do know the wallpaper for the lock (I assume that's what you mean) is stored in /private/var/root/Library and named "LockBackground.jpg"

Hope that helps...
  3. Lemures

Lemures New Member

Actually, I meant the current background you see on your springboard, however, what you told me does help. I was going to be looking for that next, thank you

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Lemures

Lemures New Member

Bump? Anybody know?