iPod Touch Stories

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Timothy Ratner, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Timothy Ratner

Timothy Ratner New Member

Post your story of how you waited for the iPod Touch, how you survived
    until you got the iPod Touch. Anything that happened in your life involving the
    iPod Touch.

Here's mine:

There once was a boy, no older than 13.
    He waited, and waited many months.
    His friend in school,
    had one, indeed.
    He let him use it,
    Only for 5 minutes,
    He waited, and waited.
    And wait!
    Then his parents said they would get him one November.
    Months pasted. Now it's November,
    One more month.
    He got an iPod Touch, but, broken from a sleesebag on Ebay.
    He returned it.
    His parents then said "We'll get you it for Christmas." - Parents
    Very mad, he found out he had 300 dollars in his pockets,
    wanting to buy an iPod Touch,
    unfourtaintly, his parents would not let him.
    'Wait for Christmas, it will feel much better then."- Mother
    Now he waits.
    EDIT: Your's does not have to be telled like mine, just say the way you want it to be sayed.

Let me hear your stories!
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Ummm... interesting poem-like thing!

Please Register or Log in to view images

and my only experience with a touch is at an apple store where one was jailbreaked. It was awesome though!
  3. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

I had been reading up on macrumors and 9to5mac months before September and was anticipating the release of the new iPods. There were a lot of rumors going around and I was very excited to see what the new iPods would look like. I got home on September 5th (the day of the keynote) and quickly hurried to my computer. I logged onto to apple.com and the front page was a picture of the new iPod line up. I looked at the touch and scanned it for safari and saw it, I was so excited.

So I quickly navigated to to the "store" section of apple's site and purchased a 16GB iPod touch. Yeah, I may have rushed into it, but I had been waiting for 3 months for this release and couldn't wait any longer. So after I ordered it I waited for the keynote to come up on the website and watched it. So there was nothing left to do but wait. I received my iPod on September 20th. I was very excited and immediately plugged it in and started messing with it.

I had been anticipating the jailbreak release, but a couple weeks later I found this site. I was glad to finally find a site specifically dedicated to the iPod touch. So after a couple weeks of waiting the jailbreak finally came out and I immediately jailbroke my iPod. Now, here I am, with a sweet jailbroken iPod touch. Sorry if this was a bit long, enjoy

4. king65

king65 New Member

Welll one day,
    George i was researching the iPhone,
    Planning to purchase,
    Until he ran into ifans.com,
    And read that iPod touch featured wi-fi,
    This was the main reason he want iPhone,
    Soo he begged his parents for an iPod touch now,
    They said not now maybe for christmas,
    So now George has to wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, and wait!!!!!

5. chopshop

chopshop New Member

I had been eying the iPhone since it's release, but I can't justify the large monthly bill. I don't use my cell that much and it just wouldn't be worth the switch from verizon (where my phone added to my parents plan with insurance racks up a grand total of $15 a month). I then heard about the touch, but I thought the price was too steep. I've never even owened an iPod for that reason. Then my crappy sony 1Gb mp3 player bit the dust so it was time to make the decision that I'd charge a new mp3 player to my tuition bill

. I ordered the 16GB touch from my campus computer store on 9/28 and waited... and waited what seemed like an eternity(7 days to be exact) then I gave in and went to the apple store with the cash from my last two pay checks and picked it up right there. The next day I get an email; my order had arrived. Now I have two iPod Touches!

Edit: The next day I found this site and my touches have been even happier ever since!
  6. NabNab

NabNab New Member

A week a go a 13 year old boy was dreaming of going to japan and A couple of dayes before leaving to japan he noticed the ipod touch. Then on a fine say in akihabara(electrical part of japan) he found it. He bought it. The next thing he new it was updated and jailbroken and that boy is me and now i habe to leave japan.
  7. AutoItKing

AutoItKing New Member

16 year old saw a kid with an iPod video in black. Decides to visit the Apple site and see if there are some new ones. Yes indeed there are. Then he sees the touch and falls in love. He waits a month and a half to get one. Finally when there is time to go to mall, he gets one. He is very, very, very happy with his jailbroken, 8GB iPod touch.
  8. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

this is the story of a 16 year old quickly becoming a mac fanboy and loving it.

he followed rumors of a new revolutionary ipod for months, then viola it was there.
    he waited and waited to have the funds for the ipod touch.
    he is currently spending all his time out of skool raking leaves and doing odd jobs for money to have the satisfaction of paying for a 16 GB all on his own. he waits and waits for the day, the only thing helping him get along is living on this site and devoting his effort to learning how to develop for the ipod touch, so as to not seem like a mooch off the hard work of the other brilliant minds of this site, but to actually help contribute to his new #1 online community (suck it Ultimate-guitar.com and myspace)
  9. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    old 5gb zen micro broke (after 4 yrs - head phone jack stopped working)
    needed a new player
    liked the look of the touch
    ordered one off ebay
    waiting for it right now.
    should be here tomorrow or friday.

the end

hope you enjoyed.
  10. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    When i was 13, i had thoughts about having a cd player

D) or an mp3, but i wasnt addicted to music back then, so i didnt get one. Then my dad got a free 512mb Shuffle from Seattle with a pro macbook

. Since he didnt need it, he gave it to me. I liked the idea (got addicted

) of having a personal music player. I had it for 2 yrs. I saw an article in the paper about new ipods coming out in august, so i waited until 5th of september, watched the keynote, became an iPod fan. Then i ordered it (iPod touch 16gb) online on 28th i think and got it on oct. 10. And they lived happily ever after