iPod Touch Storage Problem. HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MikeBoi, Feb 18, 2009.

1. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've been listening to all my ipod touch for around 2 hours dicmorning. And I decided to plug it in, and charge it up.

So i did, Whilst it was playing music, My vista pc did the normal thingy, Auto Thingy popped up. and it made the beep sound.

But itunes didn't automatically open, So i opened it and it didn't know i had a ipod plugged in. So i un plugged my ipod, And re-plugged it back in. And it now knows i have my ipod plugged in.

Now here is the problem. Is Displays that there is 5.64 or something gig of Other on my ipod. But no music. I looked on my ipod. And it is still playing music and i went into the settings and all my songs are still there. So i un-plugged My ipod. Stopped my music, and remove the headphones and tried again. I got the same problem. Anyone Know whats going on?

see attachments.

And also, it tried to Re-Sync all my music, and told me there wasn't enough free space.

Thanks in Advance.

And Now it has wiped my ipods music, and left the 5 gig of "other" And im now restoring it, and Its downloaidng the latest Update. Should this fix it?

Attached Files:

2. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I guess restoring would fix it. It looks like something that happened to me too though, but after a minute or so the orange "other" bar was displaying music etc again.
  3. Jake1991

Jake1991 New Member

Don't you usually get like a crap-load of "other" memory after you jailbreak? The only thing that I can think of is that you downgraded firmware. If you didn't downgrade firmware then I can't help you. That is the only thing I can think of that would delete all your music from iTunes.
  4. simonFM

simonFM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had this exact same problem, all my media was doubled up as other.

the way i fixed it is:
    in WinSCP theres a folder /private/var/mobile/media
    in here on mine there was two folders called iTunes Control
    i deleted the most recent one, and now the 'other' has gone

hope this helps...
  5. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks all. I just restored it. I found the hidden file in vista (the .ipws) and it works now. Pissed me of though.

And thanks! and i had left it for a couple of mins to see whether it would sort it self out. but it didnt haha
  6. dingbat

dingbat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem but had 26gb of "others" and i spent hours trying to sort it out. But this will help alot of people.