Ipod Touch stops playback after every mp3

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WolfJ, Feb 16, 2010.

1. WolfJ

WolfJ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just got a new 32 GB ipod touch for the boy for playing his audio books and general fun and games.
    He is happy with the fun and games but has trouble playing his audio books.
    We downloaded an entire audiobook on the device using itunes and everything seems to be there.
    We can play the individual files no problem, but the player does not proceed from one file to the other when the file ends.
    It just stops playing at the end of each file.

This may be a stupid setting we have missed any sugestion is wellcome.

We tried to toggle the repeat settings but they dont seem to change anything. I would at least expect the player to repeat the file in one of the settings but it does not. It just plain stops playing at the end of each file.

First attempt at a cure was creating an on the fly playlist, but that changed nothing.

We tried resetting the thing, without deleting the contents and we even tried updating the firmware. But it does not seem to make a difference.

The boy claims that the player proceeded from one file to the next at the start, but cannot remember doing anything that should change that.

Now I realy would like a bit of help, the boy is quite unhappy about this, since the primary purpose for the ipod was audio book playback.

Do any of you have sugestions?

Greetings from Denmark
    Jesper Wolf Jespersen
  2. WolfJ

WolfJ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    We corrected the problem by doing a complete restore.
    Now it will continue playing across mp3's.

Strange behaviour

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope this may help others with simillar problems.

Greetings from Denmark
    Jesper