iPod touch still not syncing, worse now!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alvysyngr, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Alvysyngr

Alvysyngr Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have read through so many tutorials to fix this that I feel I have exhausted my options. I have an 8GB 2g iPod Touch running 3.1.2 and for the last 5-6 months it ran perfectly. The other day I got a weird 'Sad iPod' error and it said Winterboard crashed but started anyway. Since then I was able to sync one last time and now I cannot do anything with the device. One thread said to do a Reset and delete all media, etc - Once I did that it would not restart. It hangs and freezes at the Apple logo and spinning wheel (which stops spinning in about 3-4 minutes)

this is what I have tried (I tried this on my iMac running snow leopard, windows 7 laptop and my windows xp machine

- Putting it in Restore mode by holding both buttons for 10 seconds releasing the power button and getting the plug to iTunes image - When I plug it into Windows XP it says USB Device not recognized

- Putting it into DFU mode - when I connect to the iMac iTunes says Waiting for iPod but errors out with error 1601 (windows does nothing)

- Installed and ran iRecovery - It said cannot find iPod or iPhone and that is as far as i got with it.

- Updated ipod driver

- new installations of iTunes

In Windows it is identified as 'Unknown Device' when I force it as an Apple Media Device nothing happens, disable, enable, remove, etc and nothing

Please tell me something I am not doing....I really need this for my NYC commute!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Soviet iPod

Soviet iPod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well your spring board crashed...what was the last thing you did in cydia or rock? because something you added is conflicting with somthing else..and mobile sub. or springboard dont like it..so take it out recovery...assuming you can and remove packages..hope that is helpful
  3. Alvysyngr

Alvysyngr Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    At the moment the device freezes and stays on the apple logo - it will not start under any circumstances so I cannot remove anything - I just want to restore to factory.
  4. Soviet iPod

Soviet iPod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh...hmmm u definately made it worse..this is beyond me..i think your last resort has come...send it to Apple
    its not the usb to itunes logo right? the actual boot logo?
  5. Alvysyngr

Alvysyngr Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If I hold the two buttons for long enough the device turns off - then if I press the power button it begins to boot up like normal but freezes at the Apple logo bootup and a spinning wheel pops up and slowely begins to freeze - maybe I'll walk into the Apple store here in NYC
  6. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    correct me if im wrong but the spinning wheel is the respring.
    Apple wont fix the ipod if its jailbroken anyway, although if you cant access it apple cant access. there is no software to externally see if an ipod is jailbroken, so maybe they wont know

why dont you rejailbreak with program you used.

BTW my winterboard crashed three times once and my ipod was fine
  7. Alvysyngr

Alvysyngr Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    GOT IT TO WORK!

Maybe it was just luck but I let the battery drain to the point where nothing showed on the screen (not even the low battery icon) and I left it like that for like 12 hours - came to work and plugged it into my 27" iMac and let it charge for 10 minutes - then held the power and home buttons until the apple logo showed twice and shut down - I then held the buttons and it went into restore mode within 15 seconds! iTunes jumped up like a light from heaven. I did this all while it was connected to the computer by the way.