iPod Touch "Speaker"

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by tinyman392, Aug 9, 2008.

1. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Please don't yell at me if I put this in the wrong place, but I have no idea where to put it... So when I read Jailbroken iPod Touch Mods, I put it in there, under 2.0.
    And I did do a search and didn't see anything threads about this. so don't yell at me for that too...

Is there a way to hack the built in speaker of the iPod Touch, the one that makes all those clicking noises(System sounds) and alarm sounds(if you use them, for the timers and such), so they work as external speakers too? This would be useful for things like VOIP(ringtones), iPod games, the Alarm Clock(custom alarms), Music and Videos(Playing music and videos), and many, many more, I can't think of any more right now. But there should be a way to do this. The iPod will play any wave(.wav) sound, as the system sounds are .wav. How about extending this to support more, like mp3 and aac. It would be great to have. Is this possible??? If it is, can someone make it.

sorry about the long post.
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

It's a piezo clicker; it only can possibly make short beeps and clicks.

Sorry, but no.
  3. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yeah, the speaker is not the same that an iPhone has.
  4. zemper

zemper New Member

what is the smallest addon speaker they make, even non powered ones, moreso even bc theyre smaller, just something to make it like the iphone... Someone has to make a very small set.. ive seen the cheesy headphone jack mouted round ipod onesbut i was hoping for something a nit better quality... I believe they make one dock mounted decently small one but post a link if anyone has seen anything worthwhile ay?
  5. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    the speaker probably has a very short range of sounds so if you even tried to play a mp3 or some other format it would come out as static or all garbled.
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

No, it just won't play. The piezo clicker only supports clicks and beeps (I.E. very short), not constant static or garblization (lol).
  7. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    garblization, i like it!
  8. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Wow... that's like... speaker FAIL
  9. scgolfer7

scgolfer7 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the speaker is a piezo, and from my experence with these you can make them play songs that are mostly beebs like ODe To Joy and the Mario Theme, it just depends how much you now about frequency levels and such
  10. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    lol that is why g2 is coming in september right????

external speakers FTW!!! and bluetooth