Ipod touch speaker question!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by eugen0619, Mar 9, 2009.

1. eugen0619

eugen0619 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    okay, so Im looking for a ipod touch speaker. So far, I have looked altec IM600, Geoge Hills Sound, Bose and Harman Kardon. But I still am not sure which Ipod speaker has the best sound quality. Im looking for a speaker under $400. It doesn't have to have radio or other features, but just an easy accessing remote controller, small enough to bring place to place. Oh, I mostly listen to classical musics.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now, can anyone tell me which ipod speaker I should buy or consider?
    Thanks!
  2. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Out of those I think that Bose or HK is your best choice. I have Bose sounddock and I love it. I listen to few classical and they sound amazing imo. Whoever you ask, most people will either say Bose or HK; sounddock is actually one of the best , if not the best, speaking speakers for ipod. Sound quality is definately better than ihome or anything like that. ihome is popular because it has alarms and such, but not for sound quality.

There is sounddock portable that will cost you about 500 including tax- it has a battery so it does not have to be connected through the wall socket. The other sounddock, does not have independent battery so it would have to be connected through the wall. Either way, sounddock is at least 350. It does come with a remote.

Good luck with your purchase
  3. whatproblems

whatproblems New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    hook it up to your computer, get a sick computer speaker system and buy a usb remote for it
  4. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    If u're on a small budget, go for the Altec Lansing IM600... I bought this speaker only three weeks back and I'm loving it... Its postable enough to be carried on trips yet the speaker packs enough power to spread the music throughout an entire room... This one has radio and an auxillary slot, in addition to the usual iPod playback...
  5. IPT2grookie

IPT2grookie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My first post here - been lurking and learning a ton...

I just got the AL IM600 and I really like it. The sound is surprisingly nice.

One thing to keep in mind is that the early versions of the IM600 do not charge an iPod Touch (or 4th gen Nano)... make sure that it has an additional sticker on the box indicating that it'll work with the Touch.

I found out through a few postings and then went to get one at Radio Shack (since they are on sale for $79!) and checked and sure enough it didn't charge my touch. Best Buy will match their price and the one they are selling actually wrks with the Touch...

I couldn't afford the Bose units - but I think that they sound the best...

I also like the way the im600 is rechargeable, and can be linked through a USB to your computer and synced.

Best of luck!
    Rookie
  6. gordesky1

gordesky1 New Member

i also have im600 and its really nice and sounds really good which when i took it out of the box and pluged it in and it really supprized me how well it sounded lol

and i love that it has a rechargeable battery just incase i want to take it on the road with me.

it also syns and charges my ipod touch 2g which i was really happy about sense i allways wanted a dock to put my ipod in

it also has ports in the back for aux for other mp3s and a video plug so you could hook it up to your tv/monitor but i dont think it works with the 2g well for me i cant get it working.

but other than that i love it.

oh it also has a fm tuner built in