Ipod Touch - Some annoyances - please comment

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rimz808, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Rimz808

Rimz808 New Member

Just got my ipod touch 16GB yesterday! Pre-ordered it the day they announced it.

Here are some of my impressions/annoyances - feel free to comment and or give your opionions.

Pros:
    1. Very sleek and sexy!
    2. Touch feature works very well!
    3. Watching movies on this is very clear and sharp!
    4. Music quality is top notch, with the ablitily to change the equalizer.
    5. LOVE the cover album flip feature.

Cons:
    1. WiFi - having problems with it. I can't seem to connect to my home WiFi network, even after I turned off the security. I am able to connect to the Apple store. Very weird. I will have to call Tech support to figure this out.
    2. Annoyance - Love the flip cover album feature, however when after picking a song say from one of my playlist, when i put it in my pocket, it goes into the flip cover album mode and therefore the next song that will be played is not the song in my playlist, but the song from whatever is in that album list. If there is only one song in there, then nothing plays after the first song is finished. Very annoying and i dont see how i can set it to not go into flip cover album. My work around was to play the song i want from my playlist, exit out of the music mode and into the Main menu, then double press the home buttong to get the simple music control.
    3. Rewinding or forwarding music while the ipod is in your pockey is pratically impossible. Unlike other ipods where you have that "feel" of forward and backwards, if i want to advance to other songs, i have to take it out of my pocket, unlock it, then press the forward or rewind button. It's just something i will have to get use to.
    4. battery life - i dont know if the advertised 22 hours of music play is accurate. I was using it today, mostly listening to music.. and it only lasted for maybe around 7-8 hours.

I would like to know if others are experiencing the same annoyance and what you are doing to solve it. I really want to know how to solve the automatic flip feature. Is there a way to do it manually?

please comment and give your first impressions.

Thanks!
  2. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i am getting mine on tuesday, some of the cons are not good, but i hope my battery lasts longer (lol) i need more time, also i hope it connects to my home WiFi,

Cheers,
    Ben.
  3. sallycinnamon

sallycinnamon New Member

As far as I know, the advertised 22 hours of music playback will only be achieved if you are playing music with the screen in sleep mode and are not skipping thru tracks, thus not using the backlight. This is really just the optimum performance and not to be expected.
  4. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yah they always do that at apple, you just gotta minus like 15hrs, lol.

Cheers,
    Ben.
  5. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

Hmmm I never had problems with Wifi... so good luck to you with that.

about #2, are you switching the screen off before you put it in your pocket? because you8 should, it should keep it on the screen you were previously on, and save on battery life.

#3... sadly, just the nature of the beast, since there are no physical buttons, you cant really do much about that, one of the trade offs for having the cool touch screen.

#4 I have found battery life to be pretty good, when listening to music, especially for long periods of time, turn the screen off, that is how you will get close to that 22 hours. Also, the batter life wont be the greatest on the first or second charge cycle. Try and run your battery down as far as you can then do a full charge cycle, you should see the battery life start to improve.
  6. Joe Mac User

Joe Mac User New Member

#3 double click the home button to bring up playback controls.
  7. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

well, if you are putting the iPoT in your "pockey" just shut it off first by touching the sleep button. it wont respond to any of the movements and touches you make . then to change song, double tap or tap and slide and youre good to go.
  8. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    but you could press the home button a lot and the screen does come up, and by the way, how long does that screen stay on, with the lock thingy,

Cheers,
    Ben.
  9. whatproblems

whatproblems New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    if the home network is linksys forget about it.. also I can't connect to mynfriends roadrunner
  10. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    whats wrong with Linksys are they messed up to work with the iTouch,

Cheers,
    Ben.