iPod Touch Skips with Bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bigpiper2, Sep 9, 2009.

1. bigpiper2

bigpiper2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I bought an iPod Touch 2g a few months ago. I have managed to get my bluetooth headphone (Backbeat 903's) to pair and work just fine. However, when I put my iPod in my pocket (no more than 3') the music will constantly skip. For some reason this seems to be worse outdoors than indoors. It is comparable to listening to a CD that has been run through a sanding machine. The headset works very well with my cellphone's music, so I am reluctant to believe it is them. I went to the apple store earlier, and they gave me a refurbished one (not a great deal, buy a new get a refurbished) which still didn't seem to solve the problem. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem, and if there is a fix for it. I have to say that my experience with the iPod thus far has made me sware off anymore apple products.
  2. cmjdjm1

cmjdjm1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I seem to have the same problem with my motorola s9 headphones. Im hoping the 3.1 firmware will solve this issue. I just bought an armband for it though, to bring it closer to the headphones, but havent been able to try it out yet since I had to send my touch in for service. the touch stopped working on the left 1/4 inch of screen for some reason. At least my problem was able to stump the apple techs when I called them.
  3. Gorillatouch

Gorillatouch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'd bet that it isn't a warranty issue. Remember that all bluetooth products work from up to 30 feet away but that is with direct line of sight not in a pocket. I have this happen all the time with my sony bluetooth adapter and I find I either just have to move the adapter a bit or sometimes when I'm outside I have to move the ipod to my right pocket so it is closer to the bluetooth receiver in my headphones. While on the subject can either of you tell me how the battery life is for using the built in bluetooth with headphones all day?
  4. cmjdjm1

cmjdjm1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Last time I used it I went for a 6 hour bike ride and both the headset and the ipod were going strong. I think when I got home the battery on the ipod was about half. I dont see a major difference in my battery life with the Bluetooth on and connected.
  5. Gorillatouch

Gorillatouch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sweet this seems very promising TY

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. cmjdjm1

cmjdjm1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No problem at all. The bluetooth was the main reason I updated to the 3.0 firmware. I hated having those dumb wires hanging and getting caught on things. Last thing you need when you're riding through a forest with branches hitting you is having your headphone wires catching on them and being ripped off your head.
  7. Gorillatouch

Gorillatouch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I know what you mean I'm a boiler tech and have to get into some tight spaces. People were baffled at why I would spend 150 on headphones until I showed them the total I've spent on wired ones in a year (Just a little over 400 bucks!) lol