ipod touch shutting off and not starting

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by daffy412, Aug 4, 2008.

1. daffy412

daffy412 New Member

Aug 4, 2008
    can anyone please help me. I have bought my ipod touch around 2 months ago and it has been working perfectly until i installed its latest software version 1.1.5 update. I dropped it accidentally,just before i installed the software, although it still worked fine for me so I'm thinking it's not because it fell but because of the software update.Also i put some new videos and music on it? Does this affect it?

I was listening to music one day and my ipod touch just shut down, not into sleep mode, completely shut down. I tried to turn it on again but it still didn't work.I also tried to hold the home button and sleep button but still no signal. Then after sometime (even sometimes after a whole day!) i try to start it again and it works fine although i have realized that the date and time just change: the date becomes December 1998!

I did a couple of restores and resets but still the same thing happens and each time the date and time changes

Help please.What should i do? I'm thinking I should wait for the new firmware to come out but i'm not sure.

Can anyone help?

my email :daffy_luvchickno1@hotmail.com
  2. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

Nov 11, 2007
    as in you restored through itunes? well if it keeps doing that then bring it to apple or call them

And don't tell them you dropped it just tell them it shut off after you were listening to music and it did that
  3. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Go to the apple store locator http://www.apple.com/buy/locator/ and find the store nearest to you and reserve a spot at the genius bar... they'll help ya out because as of now everyone has a warranty on their ipods (a free one) What they'll do is check it out and probably just replace it for you on the spot!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Feb 19, 2008
    welcome to the ipodtouchfans forums my friend! hope you get this all worked out, as people have stated be4 me, you might wanna just go get it replaced from apple and that would be the best idea.