ipod touch serial trouble

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by stoned-again, Jan 28, 2010.

1. stoned-again

stoned-again New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hi there ppls im new to this site so if sum1 already posted similar post i do apologise and will remove (just let me know) the trouble im having is that ive been tryin realy hard to jailbreak my ipod touch and so far no luck. my main problem is that my serial number on the back of the ipod the one thats engraved says model no. - a1288 but if i go into settings>general>about (on my ipod) it says model no. - mc086bt is that normal and is my itouch a 2nd or 3rd generation also. i am running it on os version 3.1.2 (7d11) is it possible to jailbreak it without f*****g it up, ive tried loads of things i cant downgrade to 3.0 itunes wont let me, just gives error messages and ive been trying shift restores with the 3.0 os firmware and no luck. please please help me, i also want to jailbreak it so what do i do and which is the serial number i shud go off. thanks in advance for any advice/help. stoned-again
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    MC is the third gen. You will have to jailbreak it with blackra1n, and because of your model number you will be tethered.

Tethered means that anytime you shut your iPod off or the battery dies etc, you need to connect it to a computer and re-run blackra1n to turn it on.
  3. stoned-again

stoned-again New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so which is the real model number the one on the back of the ipod or the one in settings>general>about?
  4. biikmans

biikmans Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    mc086bt is your model number. The serial number will be an eleven digits, which is also in the general settings.