iPod Touch Second Generation, Jailbreak screwup.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kohnhead, Jan 1, 2010.

1. kohnhead

kohnhead New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey there,

Personally I am not one for jailbreaking iPods or anything for that matter. Anyways I am trying to fix somebodies iPod who did. They are using a second gen 8 gigabyte ipod touch (A1288). They attempted jailbreaking, and now the iPod is doing nothing. the screen is black and not restarting. i tried several times to put it into DFU mode and tried restoring it. iTunes 9 recognizes it but wont reformat it (Error 1600). I tried to reformat it using pwnage, but it wotn recognize my ipsw. I downgraded my iTunes to 7.7 just for the sake of reformatting. I've heard of issues with anything above iTunes 8. now I am getting Error 1619 and it wont even give me the option to reformat. The fact that I am getting an error message and that the computer recognizes the ipod leads me to believe that it is not bricked. But I am at a loss. I really hope somebody can help me out... I'd love to deliverthis iPod working tommorow. I'm running a Macbook Pro with OSX 10.6 so mac only solutions please.

Thanks so much guys, you are great.
  2. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    They have a thread on 16xx errors somewhere. I'm on my iPod touch eight now so I don't want to look for it.
  3. kohnhead

kohnhead New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey, Yeah i found that thread but the solutions offered are either for 10.5 or windows... I need something for 10.6
  4. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I don't have mac but should 10.5 be extremly simalar to 10.6. Have you just tried doing it ?
  5. kohnhead

kohnhead New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah I tried, usually old apps will work but this one is being stubborn