Ipod Touch Second Generation Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by djmaxlover, Jun 13, 2009.

1. djmaxlover

djmaxlover Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hi, I'm new here.
    I'm going to buy an ipod touch 32 GB soon, but i heard some of the owners said that ipod touch's battery life not really that good, really ?

Hope someone helps me out. Thanks !
  2. RAckt

RAckt New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hi I recently bought an 8gb ipod touch and from my experience, the battery life is not what I expected.

First off my setting were 25% brightness wifi etc....
    and when my battery is full and I play about 2 hours of DDR, I probably get 40 to 60 percent of battery gone.

When my battery meter gets to that 50 percent mark it just seem to drain way faster to the point where I dont want to use it anymore

Internet surfing suck your battery to much that you barely want to use it. Youtube videos are even worse, the meter seem to drain after each video

Whats really great is playing music, that doesn't seem to drain that much.

Anyways I love my touch and well be returning it to the store in hopes for getting a touch with a better battery life
  3. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wait for the new iPod touch in september, hopefully it will have better battery life and added extras =)
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    What new iPod Touch in September?

No one has officially announced one.............
  5. RAckt

RAckt New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hi is the ipod battery really this bad, or did I just get a bad battery? Should I just try to return my ipod and hope something does come out in september?
  6. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Hmmmm, could be a manufacturer's defect there... The brightness setting of my iPod touch is at 25-30% and even after an hour or more of listening to music (with WiFi switched on), the battery drops only a tiny bit, i.e. around 10%...

Of course playing games is a different story altogether... With WiFi switched on, playing a round of Endless Bejeweled 2 for around 15 minutes will see a drop of around 30%... Which is why I will have turn off the WiFi so as to conserve battery life for games!

Please Register or Log in to view images