Ipod touch & SDK

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by slick2xk, Dec 8, 2007.

1. slick2xk

slick2xk New Member

what is the difference of the sdk and getting the jailbreak?
  2. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow dude you need to read up on your stuff before posting. Sdk will come from apple. Jailbreak is a 3rd party resource which uses certain exploits in the iPod touch/iPhone firmware to run its apps.
  3. AzureBlack

AzureBlack New Member

A giant one.

SDK:

pros

- full hardware support with officially licensed 3rd party applications that have gone through testing and won't crash

- Possible plugin drivers to support hardware extensions, such as external disks, mice, etc.

cons

- Only licensed, paying companies will be able to sign their code and have the iPod operate the applications

- Emulation will DEFINETLY not be signed seeing as they are illegal.

There ya go, in a nutshell of course.
  4. slick2xk

slick2xk New Member

Thanks,so when the sdk comes out,how will it be updated to the ipod touch?
  5. AutoItKing

AutoItKing New Member

It will be updated through iTunes, and you will be able to download the SDK from Apple on their site. SDK = Software Development Kit
  6. Katryss

Katryss Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i would assume thst you wont be sble to use a jailbroken system with sdk 3rd party apps on it as well???
  7. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm guessing that the third-party developers will do everything in their power to make the jailbreak work with the SDK. But that's yet to be seen...
  8. slick2xk

slick2xk New Member

so for example someone like me who still hasn't use the jailbreak is not sure cuz i don't really want to restore it or maybe damage,i can just wait for the sdk and if doesn't has more apps than when you jailbreak it can i still just jailbreak it?
  9. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No damage - no one has bricked their iPod Touch. If you want to wait, more power to you. Only one concern - there is a possibility (although slim) that the firmware update (which is bound to be released around the time of the SDK) locks the iPod Touch down to the point that a jailbreak won't work... You can always just wait to see what's released and make your decision about which way to go (or both) depending on the results after the SDK is released...
  10. Rdude

Rdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    One

I am one who hasn't jailbroken and am completely fine with it, there are many web apps that are just as useful.