ipod touch screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nepatriot, Sep 29, 2009.

1. nepatriot

nepatriot New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i have benn having this new ipod touch for about a week. Everytime i turn it on, it would be a little choppy to slide from the home screen to the ipod search page on the left, but it gets absolutely normal just after the first attempt. The very last time i turn it on, when i slide the "slide to unlock" bar to the right, it freezed there for about one or two seconds on that screen before the home screne comes up, unlike before when i slide the bar to the end, the home screen just comes up right away. No problem when i wake it up from sleep, it only happens when i turn it on. Any idea? Anybody has the same thing happen to them? or just my ipod?
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It is normal (for the 2G and 1G). When turning on the iPod, and the moment when you slide it right after boot, a lot of system resources are being used, so the graphics is a little choppy. The only fix is upgrading to the 3rd generation iPod touch.
  3. nepatriot

nepatriot New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    umm, i dont know the one i got now is 2g or 3g, im always confused about that. It is the newest version ipod touch which was just launched on Sept 9 this year, somebody call it 2.5g, im not sure, i suppose its 3g...so in this case, is it normal? thanks you for your reply.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    it says version 3.1.1. So, it shouldn't be happening like this, should it? please help...
  4. James11

James11 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, that's not really normal for a 3G. Mine slider runs very smoothly like the rest of my iPod. Shouldn't be choppy, and definately shouldn't freeze.
  5. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Yup not normal.

My 3G works perfectly smooth and fine.

You should take it back and get a replacement.

Goodluck though.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

That's not true. Older iPods can still run their own OS just fine, and don't "need to be fixed" with buying a whole new iPod.
  7. HankG

HankG New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is it the 8gb 3rd generation version? If so, it is still basically a 2g, which would explain it being choppy. Only the 32 and 64 gb versions got the hardware upgrades.
  8. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Try restoring?
  9. nepatriot

nepatriot New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    its a 3g ipod touch 32gb. It runs very smooth when i wake it up. It only happens when i turn it on (hold the power button) and the only place it occurs is when i slide from home screen to ipod search screen on the left, and it only happens at the first slide after i turn it on, after that, its all smooth.....not sure why is that? anybody?
  10. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    3.1.1 is very buggy so that should be normal even with the iPod touch 3G...it's just the firmware