iPod touch screen protector application help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dave1694, Apr 24, 2010.

1. dave1694

dave1694 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey Im having some trouble applying my screen protector I have 2, a normal one and a mirrored one, I put the mirrored one on first a while ago when I bought it but at the top left corner was 2 air bubbles because of dust, so today I thought id peel it off a little and try get them off I messed it up in the end

Please Register or Log in to view images

so I thought id put the normal one on but Im having some trouble (dust)

I tryed washing the screen protector in water but the thing is by the time I wait on it drying the "sticky" side is covered in dust then I have to clean it again and so on, so basically I can put it on dusty with loads of bubbles or still with little water droplets and get water damage on my ipod

so can anybody help me on how to dry the screen protector but not getting it dusty? Help would be much appreciated I've spent like ages on this bloody thing

Thanks. sorry this is long lol.

Edit: I've done it, all I needed was a steamy room.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    having it wet wont damage it unless it goes into any ports(home button, dock, headphone jack, ect). Also you could wet it and then try it in a humid area, maybe in your shower when theres mist in it
  3. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's ok that the post is long. But it's hard to understand when you use no punctuation. Could you please make your sentences complete? It would be easier for me to help you out.

To answer what I could understand, after applying a screen protector and it is wet, just turn off the device and let it sit for at least 18 to 24 hours.

@jphone. Don't recommend people to use devices in the shower. It's just a bad idea. Rofl

4. kelvincrispy

kelvincrispy New Member

Try this.
    After washing with the screen protector, don't let it dry it self but take one clean piece of cloth and rub it(Your iPod)very light hand, genitally. And remove that dusty area.
    After that stick your new screen protector don't use used one. Stick it carefully because there are chances of air- bubbles.
    Or skip all this things and use better case for your iPod touch.
  5. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i had the same problem, i wet it and cleaned it with some toilet paper and a very coarse towel. microfiber cloths didnt help for this protector.